SR20 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
**** Your Vtac
402 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay well my waterpump decided to go on my 93 sentra, ga16....
and i know where its at, it looks like a pain in the ass to do, so wat are your guy's opinions?? can u explain the procedure?? i searched for a write up with no luck...how hard will it be???

Thanks
-Josh

·
Wiggle wagon driver...
1,445 Posts
the easiest way to do it is to drop the engine until the water pump clears the frame rail. i tried to do it while the engine was bolted in, and iirc there is(are) one or more bolts that you will not be able to remove. if you drop the engine it is as easy as removing the coolant line (which is a pain in the ass) and removing a few bolts. you will also want to make a note of where each bolt goes. mine were different lengths.

·
**** Your Vtac
402 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
uh oh thats kind of scary, lol sorry never got that far into working on a car but noob question i guess?

how do u drop the engine, undo which mounts and wat else than can i use a jack or do i need a lift???

·
the proof wizard
3,573 Posts
just undo the pass side motor mount, and jack the car up to get some of the bolts on the top, and you can lower it down a little to get the bolts on the bottom side of the water pump, its not that fun but its not impossible.... just get in there and do it

edit i just saw that this was in a ga16, id just suggest replacing the motor with an sr....jk

·
**** Your Vtac
402 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
lol alrite thank you, ill give it a shot and let u guys know how it goes...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts