SR20 Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
3,793 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
we just recieved a 2k sentra se on the lot today, I have to say that I am impressed :) this car looks kind of like a little maxima. I do not know what options this has on it, I will check it out tomm., but sticker is only 16,500 (somewhere around there). I honestly really like this car, the only thing I do not like about it is the bottom of the front end looks a little like the new eclipse front end, the shift looks really long (probably used to mine) and the steering wheel looks kind of cheap, even though it is leather wrapped. the interior has been redone a little bit, but still looks like it is directed for young teenage girls, but still nice. all in all, a car worth driving to go check out.

·
Registered
3,793 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
or am I totally wrong and it is the 2001? oops :)

·
www.motorists.org
3,047 Posts
No, it's 2k, you're right :)
I'm afraid if I go check it out I may want it and think less of mine or something since according to the dyno tests the 98-99's have the least HP on the dyno. :)

·
Registered
2,463 Posts
Yeah, Mike K posted recently the stock horsepower numbers
2000 -126
1999 -118
1991 -123

So we are 5hp behind the B13 and 8 behind the 2000. But that is stock. Is your car going to stay stock? New cams, headers, CAI on all and there is probably very little difference. Dont know if the new muffler really makes any difference. Your thoughts?
Jacen

·
www.motorists.org
3,047 Posts
If it's SR20DE I'm happy. :) I mean you've seen where one 97 puts lower numbers on the dyno and are both stock or equal mods etc. So process variation is varied anyway so I don't worry about it

·
Registered
3,793 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
ya, but the 98-99 years do not have the lsd, therefore putting less power to the ground. (but NOT alot less) maybe 5-7 hp.

·
_______
3,640 Posts
Speaking of VLSD I just got my 96 tranny today. Its one heavy [email protected]&er! I should have some axles by the middle of next week(knock on wood) and the fun will begin.

Mike G.
98 SE W/VLSD in the kitchen.

·
Registered
2,463 Posts
Mike, I'm really interested in doing this also. Keep us posted!

Brian, I have a lsd (not the drug) question for you. I didn't think the lsd would make a difference on a dyno?
From what I know, it only helps under conditions where one drive wheel has less traction to the other. Without VLSD, the power should still be there, just uselessly spinning one of the drive wheels, right?

·
Registered
3,793 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
ya, I think you are right, they *theoretically* should not have more power to the ground, but how it gets there is is the problem, kind of like putting posi-trac in a muscle car or something. what makes more sense, all the power to one wheel, or 50/50? that is why I have found out that some lesser modded se-rs can hang with me, given one was on the hwy and had 3 people in the car and the others were on a bad clutch, but. just think of it this way, go outside and do a burnout, only the left side will spin without a lsd, with a lsd, both sides will spin. I am not an expert on these things and am trying to explain it the best way I can, maybe kind of jumbled though :) oh, and if you have any other questions about the drug lsd e-mail me privately :) JUST KIDDING :) :) :)

·
_______
3,640 Posts
I cleaned off the tranny today and checked all the sensors and everything looks A-ok. Tommrow I'm going to flush it with tranny fluid to make sure their isn't any junk floating around in it. It also has some oxidation on the input shaft and other various steel parts that I'm going to clean off. I got the trans from Northern Auto in Nazareth PA #1-800-540-6606 They have a two more in stock(48k,60k) and they are $500 plus shipping. Its the cheapest I've found. I'll keep you all posted.

Mike G

·
www.motorists.org
3,047 Posts
Ever notice how we get so off topic in our threads? This started out as a 2k Sentra thread and now it's a Mike Gosselin tranny swap update thread. :) lol

·
Registered
3,793 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I have heard of them going for 300 bux, but I have not personally priced them, but shipped to your door, that is a pretty good price. and we do not change subjects, they just morph into something else :)

·
_______
2,170 Posts
Strangely, it's the 2001 Sentra here in Canada, but the 2000 Sentra in the US.

Don't know why, because it's the same car.

·
pwnd
3,455 Posts
I went and test drove one of those 2K things and that pig felt mean. I wrang the crap out of her and she loved it. Do I ever miss a 5 speed. But no VLSD on this one the two sport packages they had sold almost instantly as they hit the lot. I still like my classic but I do wish for that 5 speed. Guess I will have to save my money and buy me a NX2K like I have been wanting. Boy do I love the look of the rolling egg. Why do I like these ugly cars :D first a classic then the egg :D

1 - 14 of 14 Posts