SR20 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Veritas
6,205 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hey, gang--

I am proud to announce the newest project in my stable: Project Low Dough 11s

We are taking a '92 SE-R and boosting it. The goal is to run an 11-second 1/4 mile ET for less than $4,000 total investment (including car). This car will be built up and documented here on the SR20 Forum, as well as on my site www.TurboChargedSE-R.com over the next few months.

Goal is to run the car at the NOPI Drag event at Bristol, Tennessee in early July.

Only through the help of Jamie at www.PowerTechImports.com and Bruce and Mike Collins at www.ProTech-Fabrication.com , will this car be possible. All parts on this car are off-the-shelf, no super-trick stuff at all. The ProTech manifold is a standard log manifold, and the turbo will be a Precision SC-series (or quite possibly a Garrett GT-series) plucked right off the shelf at PowerTech Imports.

In the end, we'll have a bona fide '11-second recipe' for a FWD SR20DE (stock internals) with a turbo stuck on it.

I/we look forward to building and documenting this car here on the forum (and on my site), and we really want to make this as interactive with forum members as possible.

Your thoughts/input are greatly appreciated.

Direct link: http://www.turbochargedse-r.com/lodo11s.html

·
Coropate greed hater
4,044 Posts
Thumbsup to you, Greg. I'd like to see this project completed successfully.

·
Premium Member
4,241 Posts
Sweet! I'll follow this with interest.

·
sleeper
5,445 Posts
how much power are you shooting for and how light will the car be? sounds like fun :)

·
Tired!
10,149 Posts
Glad to finally see the public announcement Greg. I would love to do a project like this.

Brent

·
Registered
470 Posts
$4000 for 11's? damn! i'm definetely keeping an eye on this one!

·
Registered
2,035 Posts
Good stuff - I'll definately be following this thread.

·
Registered
581 Posts
Wow! Awesome goal. Good luck. Hope this turns into a recipe that "anyone" can duplicate. I, too, would be interested in how much of this is dependant on weight reduction (it would be really impressive if the 11 seconds came without sacrificing creature comforts for us daily drivers).

Best,
Steve

·
Premium Member
4,241 Posts
Greg, make sure to let us know when the May geek-out will be. If I'm not playing I'll be there.

·
Registered
803 Posts
Hell Yeah!! Awesome idea Greg....

·
easy 400WHP
12,682 Posts
Traction will not be your friend on this one... I hope you guys are successful!! I think thatd be awesome... From what Ive learned A nice set of 6061-T6 traction bars can be had for WELL under $200 ;) I am assuming you will be using slicks right???

·
Registered
89 Posts
NX$paniard said:
Traction will not be your friend on this one... I hope you guys are successful!! I think thatd be awesome... From what Ive learned A nice set of 6061-T6 traction bars can be had for WELL under $200 ;) I am assuming you will be using slicks right???
Traction bars for a b13?Where can you buy those?

An 11 second car for 4 grand is hard but possible.An 11 second turbo sentra with off the shelf parts,that's great!Looking forward to following your progress.Good luck.

1 - 20 of 45 Posts