SR20 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
254 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Was visiting a local car audio shop yesterday, and the owner is a fanatical Honda man. He has a tricked out Integra and is starting a Civic Hatch. As we conversed about all things performance, he asked about my exhaust, so I educated him on the finer points of the Courtesy Exhaust. We then talked about intakes. He asked if I was interested in a Weapon R CAI. He sells performance parts, and is sure there is a CAI for our SR20's. He didn't have & I can't find a picture of one. He quoted me $205(which is comparable to the PR and Hotshot - I am leaning towards the latter). Has anyone seen this CAI? Know someone that has one? I'm always open for additional aftermarket support.

·
pwnd
3,455 Posts
Well I personaly would go with the Hotshot just because of quailty. The PR has came under fire lately cause of build quality. The Hotshot is a little better but everything always has a few bugs in it.

As for the Weapon R I would probaly stay away. I didnt think they had a CAI for it. Well I just dont like the Weapon stuff they look cheap. My friend has a POP type of thing for his XE and it just looks crappy. See if he can get you one in your hands and look at it to see if its of good quality. And weapon r uses foam filters which I dont like but some do. its personal preference on that tho.

G

·
0 Posts
Go with the HS. I have it, Fit and finish is outstanding. Instalation was as easy as one could ask. And performance is top notch. Sounds good at W.O.T. also ;)

·
Registered
254 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well, I am leaning towards the HS(as I stated earlier), but I'm always interested in alternatives - can help keep dealers honest when there are not the only game in town.

As for the foam filter, I would as for a discount(or sell it after the fact) and find a way to mount my JWT POP/K&N. I'm a paper man myself.....

·
Registered
3,793 Posts
weapon r is not that bad, alot of impreza guys use their intakes and fuel pressure regulators with no problems. but I agree, if you are going to spend the money, go with the hs. if the weapon r was around 125 bux or so, I would tear it up b/c of the price diffrence, but when you have to pay the same, get the best.

·
Registered
254 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
ser_200sx, any words of wisdom prior to doing the installation? I may buy it and install it during the "Redneck Rally" to see the difference on the dyno.

·
Registered
195 Posts
Does anyone have a link for a picture of the HS? I've never seen one before.

G

·
0 Posts
Chris, It is pretty straight forward. Only thing I can think of is to use a Dremel to cut the hole (it does not have to be perfect)then get about a foot of rubber tubing, (I got mine at a True Value I think)and make a cut up the side, to go around the rough metal from the cut. Also you need something to hold the rubber tube on (I used A rubber glue I also got at True Value. It took me about an hour if that.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts