SR20 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
G-unit
1,132 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anybody had exp. with this kit on a Classic. Its about the same price as Ground Control kit except it is a dual spring design. I have heard that Coil over kits with the second tender spring have a better ride. ANY suggestions? comments?

·
Registered
70 Posts
hey skyliner can you post or emailme a link as to where i can check this kit out. I was unaware that Weapon R made kits for our car.
TIA

·
Registered
5 Posts
I have a friend with that same kit on his GS-R, he loves it, the only problem is that it will wear out your shocks if they are stock, I would start saving up. With Tokico's, or something, you'd have one stiff, bad-ass classic. I would love to have the same.

·
Registered
353 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by skyliner:
Anybody had exp. with this kit on a Classic. Its about the same price as Ground Control kit except it is a dual spring design. I have heard that Coil over kits with the second tender spring have a better ride. ANY suggestions? comments? </font>
Some people looked into weapon R not too long ago. The good folks at Weapon R couldn't even provide a spring rate specification.

I don't believe that these guys are really into making coil-overs for the performance crowd. I think their stuff is made to let you slam your car without actually removing your springs.

GC has years and years of experience designing suspension components for real road race cars at all levels. Plus, they jumped in and provided high quality parts for SE-R's when nobody else would.

·
pwnd
3,455 Posts
Yea they are more for slamming your car. My friends cousin has them on his 99 GSR with 17"s he like them. But hes never ridden in a car with a good suspension before. Weapon R reminded me of this weeks Trucks! episode. They were talking about how to properly cut your springs to lower your car, not to take over more than 1/2 a coil at a time and use a sawz-all not a torch.
make me laugh to say the least.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts