SR20 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What do you guys think fo Weapon R intake filters? I just bought one for pretty cheap, and adapter to put on my 91 Classic, I was told its ratings outflowed all other intake filters in the market, so I bought it. What do you guys think of it? It's foam...

·
Registered
3,793 Posts
well, I have heard good things, and some bad things. from people that have used them, I think they love em' and go by em'. I have also heard that they can break apart and get logged into your maf or tb. If this is true, I don't know, but I have heard it on several occations. I do think that they would flow better than a k&n though, but have no scientific studies on it.

·
_______
2,170 Posts
I'd be more tempted to go with the JWT POP charger. Last fall, the SERCA group in my area rented a dyno for about 12 hours straight, and tested stock vs. POP.

The POP charger was worth a surprising 6 hp - at the wheels! I think it's the air horn design that is mainly responsible.

·
Registered
1,928 Posts
Well the foam filter will outflow a cotton guaze (K&N) filter, it will also let in more dirt. I'd stick with the K&N, better filtration, and lasts much longer too.

·
_______
2,170 Posts
We tested it on a 1992 NX2000, back to back, stock vs. JWT POP intake, no other mods at all, other than synthetic engine oil.

The car had about 120,000 kilometres on it at the time.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts