SR20 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

My little 91' NX2k has some bad weather protection on the doors. Does anyone know where to get replacement weather stripping??

Thanks

·
_______
2,170 Posts
I think you'll have to bite the bullet and go to a Nissan dealer. I've never seen it sold anywhere else.

To keep the new stuff from cracking in the future, spray it with a silicone spray every year, (especially around the t-tops, which I've heard is prone to cracking).

James
'92 NX2000
solid roof

·
Registered
325 Posts
Yea dude, I'm having leak problems around my T-top area, and I've been looking at the auto stores for something that would fit and couldn't find anything. :mad: but I'll probably going to make some ghetto stripping from some home depot stuff like I always do ;) the damn dealership is always expensive.
good luck,
Nick

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yeah the dealer wants 147 per side... I guess there pretty proud of what they have keeping the water out... geeze.... maybe i'll check the local junkyards...

·
Registered
325 Posts
almost $300 for a bunch of plastic sh*&? :eek: now doesn't that sound rediculous? I'm betting somebody in this post had a homemade solution ;) anyone care to enlighten us?

·
VE junkie
907 Posts
also, around my stock spoiler! you know, the little rubber lip that seals the gap between the spolier and tha hatch? that stuff is coming loose, on both top and bottom. any ideas?

·
8,148 Posts
Yeah, you have to bite the bullet and get it at the dealer. One way to cheat it is to pull the weatherstripping together where they meet. You are, in a sense, stretching it. When you lock the T-Tops make sure the handle is closed fully. If not the rubber on the T-Top will not seal properly. Also check out this trick. This helped me keep out wnd noise.;) http://www.angelfire.com/ny/ianjiggyroom/images/weatherstripping1.JPG

If you peel back this strip you can use one of those door protector strips and put it (which is what I did) behind the door seal. I used it to build up the old door seal. There is a silver strip of metal behind the rubber. Slip it onto the metal. The silicone that is on the door strips helps keep it in place. Tomorrow when I ome home from work I will video tape it so you can see it. But I hope you get the idea. The same applies for the T-Top seal

1 - 7 of 7 Posts