SR20 Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Coropate greed hater
4,044 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This past Saturday Johnny (from ohionissans), Mike (from ohionissans), Micah (from ohionissans) and I pulled off the head that was giving Johnny some problems. Fun day, and a good time. A couple stock parts WERE harmed in the making of this afternoon, but they will heal. We now also know that I, like the Z's, prefer only Mobil 1. :D

Here are the beautiful babies:

Johnny on the left and me on the right (is there any one day when I'm not smoking? :D)

That's some booty right there:

Me disguising myself in a ninja suit so that Johnny's Z wouldn't know who was feeling it ;) :

Dirty Harry slingin' his Dremel, the most feared weapon known to vehicles in all of the mid-west:

Before:

After:

All in all, it was a fun day. We had to do some necessary cutting of the turbo oil line and the dipstick line to take out the head. Though this was wasn't the greatest of ideas, it was the best thing I could come up with to take out that head, given the time limit we had to have the head out. Hopefully, Johnny will have all the necessary repairs done in due time to the head, and I will be back in the operating room performing other repairs to the block if Johnny needs me to and ultimately do the close-up procedures in the near future. Stay tuned. :)

·
Whut?That Ain't No Hondah
2,558 Posts
hah throw at that head into the grass... a little dirt never hurt anything!

Man It'd probably be easier to just pull the damn motor then to pull off those pre-cats! Doesn't sounds like fun to me!

·
Coropate greed hater
4,044 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
nizzan4u2nv said:
Seems like youve been workin on everyone elses car lately. I love twin turbos.

LOL! That's what you get when you've been without a car for five months! The absence of my car has truly turned out as a blessing in disguise for me. I've been getting into more Nissans than ever before. It feels good to pass on the knowledge to those who are willing to learn. Hopefully by next Monday, I will be in possession of another SE-R. This year is a full-blown projects-year for me the way it's going right now. :)

·
Registered
233 Posts
Crim said:
hah throw at that head into the grass... a little dirt never hurt anything!

Man It'd probably be easier to just pull the damn motor then to pull off those pre-cats! Doesn't sounds like fun to me!
LOL. I pulled the pre-cats off my Z back when I had her. Wasn't fun, but was do-able. Man, I miss that car. Check it out -
www.geocities.com/chemwa98/index.html

Matt

·
Coropate greed hater
4,044 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Matt, that is one HOT Z you had! It sucks that you had to sell it. :(

We took out the heads with the manifold, turbo and downpipe attached to them, again due to the time limit we had to have them out. I'll make sure that we take our time putting it all back together. I see why Z owners hate doing motor work on the VGs. Everything is so darn hard to get to!

I will have more pics of the Z on Sunday. I'm taking the motors out of two Zs tomorrow. Fun fun fun... :)

·
Coropate greed hater
4,044 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
TUNED200 said:
harris, you must get me those TTZ 4 piston brakes. hook me up ;)

LOL! I'll try. :)

·
Registered
803 Posts
Harris said:
Hopefully by next Monday, I will be in possession of another SE-R. This year is a full-blown projects-year for me the way it's going right now. :)
Give me a hell yeah!!! I was wondering when you were going to buy another SE-R...hopefully a B13 too.

·
Coropate greed hater
4,044 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Hell yea! :D

Yes, its a B13 alright! Info classified until I have the car in my possession. ;)

·
Registered
1 Posts
I am johnny, the kid in the red hat and that is my Z :) On saturday harris, keith, theo, mark, and myself managed to remove the engined and uniquely drop the tranny. Pics are here : http://f2.pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/yo...2.pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/yoshisakan/my_photos

Right now the heads and block are being machined. Much is in store for this cute red Z and if you guys care to be updated, I try to post about it everyday in my BLOG @ : http://www.xanga.com/home.aspx?user=YoshisakaN

Peace :)

EDIT: Also I must say, with all the help, we would never have accomplished this without the help of WOOD and the RUBBER MALLET. Those two tools alone took this engine apart and are the keys to success for a mechanic.

·
Coropate greed hater
4,044 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 · (Edited)
Engine is out!

We should have taken out the motor and tranny as one unit, but here's the tranny with the two special items we used to get it out:

The tranny got the "carpet treatment" when we removed it from under the car. We literally dropped the tranny on the carpet and dragged it out. Talk about ingenious ways to do things ;)

"Sir, put that weapon down NOW!"

The motor on its way to get serviced

Johnny caught right before he gave the motor some wood :D:

Here's the gang that made this whole thing happen. From left: Keith (NastyNX2K), Mark (mynismo), Theo and I.

And here is a pic for all my e-haters:

:D

All in all, it was a lot of fun. Johnny should have everything ready in about two month's time. We all learned a lot from this work. Thanks to Johnny's parents for being very hospitable and not getting mad at the tons of oil and tranny fluid that we spilled while removing the engine and tranny. :)

·
Registered
241 Posts
nice z cars. gotta love em.
i thought it was cute with the first few pictures, there was one titled "BEFORE" and as i scrolled down, that was it. :) wheres the after?! :) best of luck finishing that beast!

·
Registered
288 Posts
That **** is crazy....I don't think I have the patience to work on a z...

·
Coropate greed hater
4,044 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
maxpower said:
wheres the after?
After was the bare block without that one remaining head. :)

NismoB13SE-R said:
That **** is crazy.. I don't think I have the patience to work on a Z.
Amen to that! It's all about patience when it comes to Zs. I'd feel bad for anyone who'd need his turbo serviced. You literally have to take the motor out just so you can get to the turbos. There is just no other way! Now if only the Zs had an RB motor instead of the VG... ;)

1 - 17 of 17 Posts