SR20 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
775 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
does a vehicles weight affect the results on a dyno,,?

what can you do to improve results that are affected by driveline loss? for example i know an aluminum flywheel will do it,,,,anything else?

·
Banned
543 Posts
motor mounts help a little.

·
Coropate greed hater
4,044 Posts
Here's the low-down: lowering the weight of the drivetrain components will show as an increase of power on an inertial dyno. So like you said, lighter flywheel will show an hp increase. Other things that I know of which would show such results would be pullies and a knife-edged crank.

I doubt the motor mounts would help for any power increase, as they certainly have no role to play with the drivetrain.

·
RE-F/ING-TIRED:)
1,318 Posts
front end alignment. excessive toe (either + or -) would have an effect, how much i don't know. low front tire air pressure should also have an effect. higher air pressures reduce rolling resistance. last time i dynoed i ran 44psi in the front tires:)

·
JordanWhiteMusic.com
4,699 Posts
rooster said:
does a vehicles weight affect the results on a dyno,,?

what can you do to improve results that are affected by driveline loss? for example i know an aluminum flywheel will do it,,,,anything else?

Besides the flywheel, the Unorthodox Racing pulleys help alot. Especially the entire 4 pulley set.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts