SR20 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I have a 91 NX2000. What do these rims weigh? Would different rims (becuase of rotational mass) make my car faster? If somebody could tell me the weight of just one stock alloy rim from an nx2000 that would be most helpful! Thanks!

·
Registered
72 Posts
They weigh about 15 lbs a piece...I had the stock wheels and now Enkei 17 inch that weigh about 19 lbs each. I felt a very slight difference, but I feel the look is worth it. If you build up your motor enough the slight power loss will not really be an issue anyway.

Still if your car is mostly stock and you're worried about every fraction of a second in the 1/4...then go with some nice ultra light 15's.

·
Registered
4,498 Posts
MY stock NX wheels weighed 17 lbs. each. The wheels I have now weigh 11lbs each.

·
Professor Dingbat
5,543 Posts
I went from stock wheels and tires to 15" rota subzeroes with Potenza SO3's (heavy tire) and gained no weight. Not an advantage over stock (weight wise) but good to know you can plus size with no weight penalty.

·
getting close
2,002 Posts
I did the same thing as fastnx light wheel 16in volk te-37 9-10lbs and a heavy tire falken azenis 215/45/16, not really any heavier than stock but a larger tire and rim.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts