SR20 Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Banned
2,587 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, just started my car up today and ran to my PO Box, and everytime I came to a stop from the pass sde of the motor come this weird noise. Its not a ticking like a rod bearing. My power steering fluid was below the low level, so I am thinking that may be my PS pump? Also I pulled my VC and checks the rocker ams/valves and they are all ok. What could this noise be, Im thinkin timing chain tensioner maybe? I let my car idle and it wouldnt do it unless I revved the engine 1st, then when it went back down to idle it did it for afew seconds. It sounds like its coming from the block, somewhere around the tensioner. Its kinda like clunk clunk clunk and rattle a little. My tensioner doest look like one of the pins is coming out could that be it? Thanks guys! LMK ASAP!

·
Banned
2,587 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Anyone?? Could it be the belts falling apart? I looked at them and it looks liek tey are falling apart--parts of the grooved side of the belt are coming out, maybe its coming apart and hitting the fram?? :confused:

·
Registered
1,160 Posts
you know i hate noises..lol but i would say that if u think its your belts hitting the frame then replace the belt. which belt is falling apart anyways? whats the noise sound like, does it sound like metal hitting something? have u looked at the belts while the car is running?

·
Banned
2,587 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
sr20sentra91 said:
you know i hate noises..lol but i would say that if u think its your belts hitting the frame then replace the belt. which belt is falling apart anyways? whats the noise sound like, does it sound like metal hitting something? have u looked at the belts while the car is running?

I said what it sounds liek up there in the first post. I am replacing the belts tomorrow or tesday, as I ahve bigger problems with the car now. :( Read my thread in a sec.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.