SR20 Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I get a constant whirrring sound from my engine bay while the car is at idle. If I rev the engine it goes away but as soon as it comes back to idle the whirrring sound comes back. The car use to squeek at start up during the winter but now that it is not cold anymore it doesn't squeek.

Any ideas?

------------------
My Toys

·
Registered
705 Posts
The squeak is starter squeal thats nothing to worry about. Your whirring problem you will have to give us a little moe info on. Like where in the engine bay its at and what exactly it sounds like and how often and is the car warm or cold, etc.

------------------
Ryan Walsh, 1997 200sx SE-R w/ ES mounts, JWT s4's, AEBS 4-1, PR CAI, Sportlines/AGX's, Bridgestone re730's, Matrix FSTB, Stillen GTR grill

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The whirrring sound is constant whether the car is cold or hot. It is more noticeable when it is hot because the rpms are less when hot than cold.

I cannot pinpoint where the sound is coming from. I listen on the left side and it sound like it is coming from over there and I listen on the right side and it sounds like it is coming from over there. Doesn't sound like it is from the bottom. When the hood is close the sound is noticeable while inside car.

My car is stock besides inverted air box (& clear corner lenses
). 96 Nissan SE-R w/55K. I am the original owner.

Here is something else. If the car is stationary and I turn the wheels left to right the noise goes away (mostly).

Is this any better? Maybe I will try and get a sound clip of it tonight.

------------------
My Toys

1 - 3 of 3 Posts