SR20 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A few months ago, I hit a patch of sand on an on ramp, and ended up whacking my passengers side front into the curb. (ouch!) I had the rim replaced, and what not, and stuff fixed, but it is doing it again. Here's the symptoms:

It is like torque steer, but the wheel doesn't move. You hold on the the steering wheel without moving it at all, give it gas, and the car pulls to the right. Let off the throttle, and it comes back. It was fixed correctly for a time, but is acting up again. My guess is either a bad sway bar bushing, or swaybar itself. Any guesses?

·
G-unit
1,132 Posts
I have the same problem with my '91 it hasn't been hit though , the best I could trace it to was the lower control bushing having play in them , given the arm a little movement just enough to turn the wheel a litlle , I have held off trying to fix it because I am saving for coilovers and some shortened struts , then I going to replace those bushings.

·
Registered
496 Posts
Sounds like you bent the lower control arm, it is deflecting under load and you are getting the torque steer. Check the a-arm.

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Is this dangerous? Could the A-arm come off? I had the damn thing replaced once...

1 - 4 of 4 Posts