SR20 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just completed my JDM swap, replaced clutch, And bolted on a HS header. The car runs great except cruising at a steady speed. For some reason the little nightmare wants to surge, but only at a steady RPM and just SOME of the time. Accelerating and decelerating are fine, almost too fine. Any Ideas as to the cause?? FYI: no MIL light illumination so I'm hesitant to believe it's serious, just very annoying!!!

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Any Ideas guys, surely somebody has experienced this problem!

·
Registered
513 Posts
What do you mean exactly by surge? As in it will suddenly start to accelerate? Or does it start to kinda "buck"? Also, does this occur in any particular rpm range?

------------------
Kevin
93 Ruby Pearl Classic
w/ advanced timing & Stillen POP

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
WELL IT HAPPENS FROM 2000 - 4000 RPM. IT FEELS LIKE THE IGNITION IS CUTTING OUT AT ANY CONSTANT SPEED. IT WILL ONLY DO THIS FOR A COUPLE OF MINUTES THEN IT'S FINE. SOMETIMES IT WILL START UP AGAIN LATER, SOMETIMES IT WON'T. IF I GIVE IT THROTTLE IT WILL GO AWAY, SOMETIMES. I KNOW IT'S PETTY BUT A SLIGHT MISS AT IDLE ANNOYS THE HELL OUT OF ME, SO YOU CAN IMAGINE WHAT THIS DOES!
OVERALL THE SWAP WENT FINE, AND I DECIDED TO REPLACE EVERYTHING THAT LOOKED SLIGHTLY WORN TO PREVENT OTHER PROBLEMS DOWN THE ROAD.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts