SR20 Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
employment whiplash, NC
3,646 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Welcome to the Autocross, Rally, & Road Racing forum. This forum was concieved for those of us wishing to discuss topics regarding nearly any type of racing.

A few notes: Road racing is not racing on public streets. Road racing is done by real racers on real road course race tracks (Watkins Glen, Laguna Seca, Willow Springs, get the idea?). We feel that racing on the street is stupid, illegal and dangerous. We won't tolerate any threads in this forum regarding such activity.

Threads concerning "Will I beat car X with these mods" will be locked. Period. No questions asked. Go to the strip, pay your $20 and find out.

·
Registered
22 Posts
I think you need to remember that you have different kinds of street racers. You have the idiots who race anywhere they can with no regard for no one else, then you have the street racer that races his/her car at the track and then races on the street but in closed circles.

I race at the strip and on the street. My street racing occurs at very late hours in the middle of nowhere(farm country) where the only people who are at risk is myself and the person who I am racing. No racing in front of K-mart here. No mom and kids pulling out in front of us. The only thing I worry about is deer running out in the way.

This is your baby and I will abide by your rules, but not all street racing is stupid, just most.

·
Registered
582 Posts
Originally posted by CANTONRACER: __________________
1996 Z28 Camaro NA BDG DR's
2001 Best 1/4 - [email protected] w/1.634 60', 1/8 - [email protected] MPH Best MPH 1/4-114.82. 1/8-90.73

Looking for mid 11'[email protected] MPH in 2002, maybe mid 10's with N2O.

1989 GMC 1500 [email protected] 305 158 K

1999 Mustang V6 5 speed, mods, K&N, syn oil, removed spare & jack
Best [email protected] MPH w/ 2.227 60'
Best [email protected] MPH w/ 2.383 60'
Will run better next time out, will not have snow tires on

And, 8 cats & 3 fish to feed clean after, stinking bums

:confused: Mustangs, Camaros, fishtanks? I still can't find an SR20DE powered vehicle in this signature. Am I missing something here?

·
Registered
47 Posts
ALL STREET RACING IS DANGEROUS!!!! There is no road or street no matter what time that you can guarantee to be deserted. You could come around a turn to find a family in a minivan broke down in your lane. NO race is worth killing people. The tuner world already has a bad image. In our area if you get more than two cars gathered in one place the cops are there. It does not matter if they are doing anything or not. Keep it on the tracks!!!! This is not a movie. In real life people die from street racing. You can race a thousand times and nothing will happen. ONE TIME is all it takes. Keep it safe PLEASE!!!

·
I need me SE-R
1,930 Posts
people die from being stupid. about 5 or so kids have died that i know of in Sacramento from driving to fast on public roads. being stupid, racing in residential areas and slippery roads...yes...that kills people. but organized events DONT. i stopped street racing because of the penalty costs. its just not worth it to me. after i get my new stuff installed, i will be going to the track for my first time. however, i just wanna point out that not all street racing kills people! people driving stupid in heavy traffic, or deep in people does kill people! not one of any of the deserted, out of city, middle of nowhere events, have i herd of anyone dieing or even being slightly hurt! i do think keeping the forums street racing free is a good thing. but sayin that everyone who street races is aiding in the killing of innocent people is messed up! keep it to the track. funner, safer, racing all night long!! and just get friends to give you money! i ask for gas money whenever i pick up someone. a dollar here, a dollar there. 20 dolla's lata...free track session!!

ps...mr. sr20desentra...rice is not a good word for imports!! its like callin black people [email protected]#%. you get it.

oh...and racing from stoplights make you look stupid. just look at a retard do it next time. and i garuntee you'll stop. besides, it waste gas homie.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.