SR20 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 107 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,486 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It is absolutely critical that you empty your web cache in order to use the updated forum. Many of the scripts that power this site have changed, and you will have problems if you do not clear out your cache!
If you don't know how to do this, click here for some help!.

What's new:
  • WYSIWYG and standard editing modes. See exactly what your post will look like before you post it.
  • Editing posts now happens directly on the page and doesn't load a new page.
  • Realtime autocompletion of PM recipient info. Send a PM to someone, and watch as you type the name into the recipient field. If nothing happens, clear your cache or try another name.
  • About 10 million new features that make the moderators' job a lot easier! :D
  • Note: the link to view new posts is once again back on the top menu bar!

What needs to be fixed:
  • Post counts in the feedback area- these will be replaced by the eBay-style feedback system.
  • For contributors, the image insertion popup is not working.
  • For contributors, the automotive news is offline temporarily for upgrading.
  • Moderators do not have a policeman icon at the moment.
  • The PM quickreply function is not working.
  • Custom template tweaks for certain forum areas (like no banner ads in the contributors area).

What is coming soon:

This is a work in progress, but what you see represents the beginning of the largest overhaul this forum has seen since moving to vBulletin in 2001. Since this is a work in progress, you might come across a broken image, bad font, or other glitch. If you find anything please report it to me. I'm sure I'm missing some things from the lists above, but it's late and I'm tired.
Thanks everyone!

·
Beware....THE BEAR!!
1,730 Posts
All I have to say is SWEET!!!

Damn, you beat me BigB!!

I like the new edit feature already!

·
Premium Member
5,486 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Will said:
YES!!

whats with the cache thing? I wasnt having any problems, but I cleared it anyway.
There are a pile of scripts that power each of these pages. The old scripts are totally outdated and you'll need to clear your cache in order to force the new scripts to be downloaded. You might not have a problem, but I suggest doing it if you are having any posting or interface problems.

Some of the new dynamic stuff is really, really cool. There is more of it as an administrator, like I can just click a thread name to rename it on the spot as opposed to opening the thread, clicking "edit", editing, saving...

·
15642uner
1,681 Posts
lol i couldnt wait till 1am to check it out! :D

·
Proud Italian
1,779 Posts
Nice job guys..keep up the good work

·
Coropate greed hater
4,044 Posts
Regarding the eBay-style rating system, when and how will that be put into effect? Also, will users who've already done business in the past get a retroactive rating?

·
15642uner
1,681 Posts
Will said:
I know right? I kept checking it... I didnt think it would be back on time:rofl:
I got back in at 12:59AM

think i got it right at 1, it was like a count down watchin the clock :)

·
Premium Member
5,486 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Harris said:
Regarding the eBay-style rating system, when and how will that be put into effect? Also, will users who've already done business in the past get a retroactive rating?
I am going to install it as soon as it's released for this version of vBulletin. Supposedly within 10 days. I'll post more information when the time gets closer to install it. I'm not entirely sure how it's all going to work just yet.

1 - 20 of 107 Posts