SR20 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
610 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I now have 2 b13's. I bought a 93 se-r. It has 82000 on the body with no rust and a g20 engine I think. The valve cover has the infiniti logo on it. They wanted 3000 but it needs a tune up bad and some basic things adjusted. I offerered 2500 and it was sold. Also has no fifth gear popout. It looks new It has a crapy cheap paint job but the body is straight. I'm pretty happy, my car that I have now has cancer and it's spreading though out the car. I'll post pics soon!

·
Charlie Brown look alike
3,825 Posts
Congrats. Keep us posted on how it goes. Are you just going to swap the good stuff from the '91 to the '93?

·
Registered
610 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
yeah, I'm gonna be swapping everything over. I don't know if I'm gonna swap the tranny's. It would be a pain. But I would like to swap my clutch, The clutch in the 93' is good but the pedal is very light. I think it might have the wrong cable on it. It is lot lighter than my jwt.

·
My Ass, your face
2,431 Posts
Where did you buy it from? Just curious, I ran into a guy a week ago that had a '92 that had just be repainted red and his car only had 82k on it... seems kind of coincidental.

Peace Out,
Mark

·
Registered
610 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
It was in Bradenton at a buy here pay here place. Did it get repossed from the guy? They said they repossesed it. Also do you know if there was anything wrong with the car that guy had? The one I bought has a infiniti valve cover on it and it wasn't running to great. I think they put all the wrong stuff on the engine when they put it in, the clutch cable was loose all the way and the pedal was catching on the floor. I had to stop and adjust it. I think whoever put the engine in used cheap spark plug wires and probably bosch platinum spark plugs. I put my wires on it to see if it would run better and it did so I'm gonna do a complete tuneup on it and check the maf and all that stuff. Everything looks new on it now, I just think they didn't do a proper tuneup when the engine was put in. I also think the cat is clogged but, I have my 91' so I'll have all the parts If I need them.

·
My Ass, your face
2,431 Posts
Probably not the same guy. This was just a week ago, here in Tampa. We talked for a bit and he really seemed to like his car. Don't worry too much about what you have to do to the new car, at least you have the experience and practice to work on it. I love working on mine... when I find the time.

Good find.

Peace Out,
Mark

1 - 6 of 6 Posts