SR20 Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
well it looks like I got ripped off in my hunt for projectors! I had some guy out in Cali who said he could get them for me and he supposely bought them and was waiting for the clear corners to arrive but I told him to cancel the order for the clear corners cuz it was takin to long. Plus I wasn't trusting the guy anymore. I was talking to him a lot on AOL IM and the guy started to come off a little bit shady. so he changed a bit after I paid him. Now when I told him to cancel the order for the clear corners and send me the projectors and my money for the corners, it seemed like he changed instantly, I guess he realized that I wasn't gonna get dicked around any longer. Anyway After I told him to cancel the order, he said he would send the projectors the next day. That was bout a week ago, i guess...Projectors should have been here now, he said he was sending them prority mail and that takes 2-3 days so they should have gotten to me like on friday or saturday. Monday at the latest.

Now The other day, Tuesday nite, after not returnin my e-mails for bout a week, he e-mails me tellin me that he's refundin me the money for the projectors and sendin me the clear corners! WTF! Plus it looks like he wants to charge me $40 to get the clear corners....The only reason I got into this deal was to get the projectors...Clear corners (i now realize) I can get off of e-bay for a cheaper price. Anyway, this was a couple of days ago that he last e-mailed me...he hasn't returned my e-mails yet when he said he would and I still don't have the projectors or the clear corners or any of my money.

Only good thing bout this is that I used Paypal and used a Credit card. I already filed with paypal but their takin there damn time too, I haven't gotten any e-mails from them to asking me anything. I ready to somehow get the number of the local PD in his county and file fraud charges on his ass if he doesn't get me my money or stuff.

SO PISSED right now....:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

Anyone on here who uses paypal file a complaint against anyone? How long does it take for them to e-mail you back or whatever? Anyone on here out in La Palma, Cali, which is where this guy is at? Maybe someone on here knows this guy? His name is Victor Leung.

·
70/30 Racing
2,372 Posts
Bro, does this guy drive a blue 200sx. If he does, thats the same guy I got my projectors from. Let me dig through my junk and see if I still have his number. That way you can just call him all night. hehe But I do live around the area, so if you need the numbers for the local PD let me know. But to be honest with you he seemed like a pretty cool guy when I met him. But I guess you never know.

·
Baby Blue VVL
3,202 Posts
Sorry to hear that, i have a similar story but i didn't send money b/c he never would return my emails.

I guess i was lucky
O

·
Registered
1,147 Posts
a similiar thing happened to me. and the guy is a forum member no less!! i posted a thread not too long ago about it. basically he was sellin' his NX brakes on e-bay, i was the ONLY bidder (therefore i won), sent the money via paypal (back in august) and just now got the calipers and some raybestos pads/shims. no sign of the rotors or the rest of the shim parts required to make the brakes work. he doesn't return my emails and he never gave me his phone #. i only know where he lives. so, i too am a little peeved.:mad:

·
Registered
194 Posts
stilleto, was that the polished calipers i saw awhile back?

i am part of a nw nissan board, and i think he's posted on it a couple of times, though not in a long time. hear is the link if you ever want to check it out....http://www.aracnet.com/cgi-usr/brianphi/Ultimate.cgi?action=intro&BypassCookie=true

it sucks when people screw you over! :mad: , especially when it from our own family (nissan)!!

hopefully you get your brakes soon.

later
bryan

·
Registered
497 Posts
Man I hate to hear this!!! I hope it works out for you brother. I was born in the south but, grew up in Cali. (Bay Area) To be honest it does not supprise me. A lot of people out there only care about getting ahead regardless of how or who they screw in the process. Esp. punks that think its "hard" or "cool" to hustle.

If you ever deal with me you will never have to worry about this type of crap. I treat people the way I expect to be treated, in business or friendship. Okay...okay I'll get off the soap box.

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Martin, I don't know what color his car is but he told me he was gettin a DET put in this week. If you've got numbers for the local PD then i'll definately take them. Thanks

Stiletto, I've heard of that guys name before...I think he may be on the mailing list. He should check into finding his phone number. I got a friend who's helping me find the number of the guy who is messin with me.

I'll let ya'all know how it goes...

·
Registered
1,147 Posts
nitrous: yep that's the guy, for sure.

i don't THINK this guy was tryin' to hustle me. he was talkin' about getting a new job and having to ride the bus to work. but then again, how can i prove this. besides i've given him my phone # and address. and if he's to poor to pay for internet connection...there are FREE isp's or he could use a friends computer.

SE-RGuz: yeah, thanks, that'd be greatly appreciated if the mailing list turns up any info. i'm not on the mailing list, perhaps i should be!:D

·
Registered
24 Posts
I would definitely file a mail fraud claim. You can do it online, I believe, just do a search on Yahoo. Also, after filing the claim, contact him AGAIN and state what you have done, give him the web site address, claim number, etc. I tried this with a seller on eBay and he got the message and I finally got my merchandise. You might also want to try sending him a certified letter. After that, then yeah... I'd get in touch with the authorities and see what you can do. Either way give him an ULTIMATUM--send the money/head lamps within an approximate amount of time or you will take the appropriate action. Keep all paperwork and get copies of everything. Good luck and keep us updated :)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts