SR20 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
825 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here are a few pics I hope to be done in a about another week I got to wait for my mandrel piping to get here now

·
<>< Jesus is the Answer
5,518 Posts
damn imagestation!

·
<>< Jesus is the Answer
5,518 Posts
what intercooler is that? size? tube fin? bar plate? price? (im shopping too in case you hadnt noticed :D)

·
Registered
825 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Just go to www.johnnyracecar.com and I got the smaller of the two the 5" intercooler. you can go to that website and it gives the full deal on the intercoolers and the price with shipping which isnt bad at all!

·
Registered
3,442 Posts
^^^ thats way better than the bb intercooler. sweet

·
Registered
825 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Yeah deffinetly better than that little bb intercooler. I still have a little cutting work that Im going to have to do on the inside of the bumper once I get my piping but that is just gonna have to wait a few days.

·
The Boost Bear..Rawr!
3,055 Posts
Looks sweet. I got the taller one (6"). It's great quality I think for the price. Check out Tyrus at Johnnyracecar.com. Did you have any problems mounting your bumper? I think I'm going to have to trim mine a little to make it fit just right. Looks good!

Corey

·
Registered
825 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Yeah I had to trim my bumper up some and still have a little trimming left to do on it. No problem really though. I cant wait to get it up and running again though. I have heard from several people that a front mount upgrade is good for about 10-20 hp Im not sure myself though? Anyone else got any dyno proof of an intercooler upgrade on a DET can result in this much gain?

·
91 SER Richmond, VA
888 Posts

·
shift_boost
1,949 Posts
dont forget to pull those plugs before you start it up

·
Registered
825 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Thanks for the compliments. I cant wait till the day I tear the whole car apart and start from ground up and completely rebuild it with a complete color swap on the paint. I have been looking at a few different colors but there is this one particular color that catches my eye everytime that I see it. But that will be a little into the future and maybe my car will get featured in a mag? I dont know we will see. But as far right now I cant wait till I get my pipping and get my car back running its about to drive me crazy I want to drive it so bad.

·
Registered
825 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
well im about done with cutting my intercooler piping and now I got to get it welded up and get the ends that I cant get welded beaded so the couplings will not slip off. Cant wait and Ill post some pics for yall if you want tomorrow

·
91 SER Richmond, VA
888 Posts
I wanna see what it looks like when your done, considering I have the same FMIC, I can see how you routed your piping to save me the hassle of thinking ;)

-Mike

·
pimpin since 03!
1,348 Posts
thats right where im at bro! some intercooler pretty much. my is the ebay issanni. mounted perffect!! goood luck i would like to see some pics of the full tubbing route all the way up to you tb. so i can take a look at how you did some of your lines

·
Registered
825 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I was gonna run the piping behind the right headlight but decided not to instead. I ran it down through the hole where the windshield washer reservior used to set. Im hopeing that I will be all done with it tomorrow. I got to get it welded now and get some couplings to hold it together.

Im alos hopeing that it is a big difference than having that little top mount interheater? Anyone have any dyno #'s oh what a front mount gave them as far as power to the wheels?

·
Registered
295 Posts
That looks great, I cant wait to see the pics of the finished product and how the bumper had to be cut.

1 - 20 of 42 Posts