SR20 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
<>< Jesus is the Answer
5,518 Posts
what intercooler is that? size? tube fin? bar plate? price? (im shopping too in case you hadnt noticed :D)

·
Registered
3,442 Posts
^^^ thats way better than the bb intercooler. sweet

·
Registered
825 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Yeah deffinetly better than that little bb intercooler. I still have a little cutting work that Im going to have to do on the inside of the bumper once I get my piping but that is just gonna have to wait a few days.

·
The Boost Bear..Rawr!
3,055 Posts
Looks sweet. I got the taller one (6"). It's great quality I think for the price. Check out Tyrus at Johnnyracecar.com. Did you have any problems mounting your bumper? I think I'm going to have to trim mine a little to make it fit just right. Looks good!

Corey

·
Registered
825 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Yeah I had to trim my bumper up some and still have a little trimming left to do on it. No problem really though. I cant wait to get it up and running again though. I have heard from several people that a front mount upgrade is good for about 10-20 hp Im not sure myself though? Anyone else got any dyno proof of an intercooler upgrade on a DET can result in this much gain?

·
91 SER Richmond, VA
888 Posts

·
Registered
825 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Thanks for the compliments. I cant wait till the day I tear the whole car apart and start from ground up and completely rebuild it with a complete color swap on the paint. I have been looking at a few different colors but there is this one particular color that catches my eye everytime that I see it. But that will be a little into the future and maybe my car will get featured in a mag? I dont know we will see. But as far right now I cant wait till I get my pipping and get my car back running its about to drive me crazy I want to drive it so bad.

·
Registered
825 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
well im about done with cutting my intercooler piping and now I got to get it welded up and get the ends that I cant get welded beaded so the couplings will not slip off. Cant wait and Ill post some pics for yall if you want tomorrow

·
91 SER Richmond, VA
888 Posts
I wanna see what it looks like when your done, considering I have the same FMIC, I can see how you routed your piping to save me the hassle of thinking ;)

-Mike

·
pimpin since 03!
1,348 Posts
thats right where im at bro! some intercooler pretty much. my is the ebay issanni. mounted perffect!! goood luck i would like to see some pics of the full tubbing route all the way up to you tb. so i can take a look at how you did some of your lines

·
Registered
825 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I was gonna run the piping behind the right headlight but decided not to instead. I ran it down through the hole where the windshield washer reservior used to set. Im hopeing that I will be all done with it tomorrow. I got to get it welded now and get some couplings to hold it together.

Im alos hopeing that it is a big difference than having that little top mount interheater? Anyone have any dyno #'s oh what a front mount gave them as far as power to the wheels?

·
Registered
295 Posts
That looks great, I cant wait to see the pics of the finished product and how the bumper had to be cut.

1 - 20 of 42 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.