SR20 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
www.FAIRTAX.org
8,920 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I went to BeaveRun (www.beaverun.com) today with Jacen Szyrmanski (Sp?) aka jacen99SE. I was just watching since the ve swap isn't done yet and the se-r is still on a 133k stock suspension. It was cold and rainy but still a lot of fun :) This is a good track when wet since it doesn't have any large areas of standing water. Jacen and Alex (drives the E30) were both getting up to ~110 on the front straight. Here are some pics:

·
Charlie Brown look alike
3,825 Posts
I take it that is Jacen in the Black Se-r? Looks like a '93-'94. Not many people there. Nice looking car.

·
www.FAIRTAX.org
8,920 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yep he bought it from Jim Schumacher (Shoes59). It is the nicest classic I have ever seen. When it comes to his cars Jim "spares no expense." Take a look at his S14 in the members gallery for example :)

There were like 12 people running in 2 groups today and not all of them stayed to the end. In Jacen's group there were like 6 cars. A z06, an STi, an E36 M3, a 2nd gen RX-7, and a 911.

·
Registered
184 Posts
i was not able to go but many of my friends went, i 87 rx7 a wrx, a audi, and the superpreformence s1, and a bmw330ci. We represent trackaddicts.net, a miswest road racing club. The se-r is getting some more work, and a tranny build up then ill be back on the road course.

·
Registered
2,463 Posts
willi93ser said:
i was not able to go but many of my friends went, i 87 rx7 a wrx, a audi, and the superpreformence s1, and a bmw330ci. We represent trackaddicts.net, a miswest road racing club. The se-r is getting some more work, and a tranny build up then ill be back on the road course.
That is where I found out about this day; I joined about a month ago but haven't met up with them yet. I couldn't make it saturday with those guys. They definately got the better weather day.

I drove the summer tires (Kuhmo 712) instead of the race tires becuase of the the potential for rain. It never rained really hard, and the summer tires performed better than I expected. The track held up very well in the rain. I had a blast and the weather definately did not play a big factor other than sending some people with expensive Porsche interiors home early.The fourth session I think there were only 2 or three other cars on the track.

Many thanks to Matt and his wife for hosting me last night and Matt for coming out and lending a hand when needed. I wish I could have taken him for a ride but they wouldn't allow it.

I had an instructor the first two sessions, ran by myself, then took a different instructor out. He really helped me go faster in certain section and had some different ideas than the first guy. The contrast between the two was really interesting and they both had some good points.

Here is my description of the (wet) track

Front straight, gas pedal, 100+ mph, etc. They have distance markers to the corner at the end because you can't see the corner when you startt braking. A low-mid range third gear (too high for 2nd) left hander that starts a downhill
section. Two downhill right handers in a row; turn in for the first one, hold the wheel there, and use the throttle to hit the second one.
Brake for the next corner, turn right, and go a short distance, late apex the uphill right hander (I wasn't happy with the gear here, third didn't have a lot of power for the uphill but it 2nd was slower with the third gear shift needed at the top), hit the left apex and stay left for a blind downhill right hander (it also feels slightly off-camber). Turn right before you can see the apex and start using the throttle. When you can see the apex concrete (and are on agood line) hit the throttle and track out. Quickly go towards the right, shifting to fourth a little early, for an easy left kink staying on full throttle. Track out right and then go to the left side of the back straight. There is an easy right kink that I generally lifted or lightly braked for. If it was dry (or I was more experienced) I wonder if that would have been needed. Straighten out and brake, down to 2nd gear, for two uphill rights followed by a slight left onto the front straight. I was hitting third gear right after the second right and fourth gear before the trackout cone on the front straight. I never saw how fast I was going; I was busy watching other things.

The only control problem I had was one time in the last session at the last kink on the back straight. I was going faster than I had before and turned in too abruptly and the back stepped out, but it didn't come around. I need to work on the very slow turning at the start of corners. Later I did it better and it felt great.

I have to go back soon. I hope some of you guys can make it out.

Jason

·
Charlie Brown look alike
3,825 Posts
Is that the stock bumper on the Se-r?

·
Veritas
6,205 Posts
Looks good, Jason. Your SE-R is slow.

See you at Payne Engineering on Memorial Day weekend so you can prove me wrong? :p

·
www.FAIRTAX.org
8,920 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I would smoke both of you guys if I showed up ;)

·
Registered
1,896 Posts
I'll take you all,,,,,,,, I'm Rick James Biatch

·
Premium Member
9,405 Posts
Greg didn't invite me, becuase he knows it would not be a good sight when the VE cars STOMP him. :)

·
Veritas
6,205 Posts
Silly rabbit, tricks ARE for kids.

You have to have 2 autocrosses with us to run that even anyway, Eric.

·
Premium Member
9,405 Posts
SERprise In WV said:
Silly rabbit, tricks ARE for kids.

You have to have 2 autocrosses with us to run that even anyway, Eric.

Suuurrrre ;)

·
8,886 Posts
jacen99SE said:
Track out right and then go to the left side of the back straight. There is an easy right kink that I generally lifted or lightly braked for. If it was dry (or I was more experienced) I wonder if that would have been needed.
I wonder the same thing. That is a interesting section of the track.

·
wants to go play
2,230 Posts
paNX2K&SE-R said:
Alex (drives the E30)

How is my old nemisis anyway? He hasn't run any events by us in a while.

·
Coropate greed hater
4,044 Posts
Looks like you boys had a lot of fun! I can't even bear to see what I'm missing out on! I need to get on the fast track with fixing my SE-R. See you beyotches soon on a track somewhere in the northeast! :)

·
<>< Jesus is the Answer
5,518 Posts
Looks like fun guys :) I need to try my hand at this kinda thing sometime.

·
Registered
2,463 Posts
SERprise In WV said:
Looks good, Jason. Your SE-R is slow.

See you at Payne Engineering on Memorial Day weekend so you can prove me wrong? :p
Not as slow as the STi, Corvette, RX-7, etc. M3s are reallllyyyy fast.
I learned much this weekend, but I don't think I have your confidence going into Scary yet. It would be a great race!
I know I can't be there on Saturday and I'll look into Sunday. It is my brothers graduation and we have family coming in from all over. I would love to be there! I think I liked the cleaning day even more than raceday because the time on the track was greater and you had more laps in a row.

·
Registered
1,228 Posts
paNX2K&SE-R said:
Yep he bought it from Jim Schumacher (Shoes59). It is the nicest classic I have ever seen. When it comes to his cars Jim "spares no expense." Take a look at his S14 in the members gallery for example :)
LOL!!! You're making me blush :redface:

Glad to see my old car being put through it's paces. I sure wish I had room to keep it. What a fun ride that was.

·
Veritas
6,205 Posts
jacen99SE said:
I learned much this weekend, but I don't think I have your confidence going into Scary yet.
Scary is a leap of faith. Must... have... fresh... pads.

Just let me know if you can make it over for Sunday. You might want to e-mail the RE here just to refresh his memory of who you are and that you have raced at Payne before.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts