SR20 Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Bad Banana
1,411 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When I first got my NX in the spring I went to the track and my best run was a 16.4 (don't remember the mph). Since then I found out my timing was at 5 degrees so I adjusted it to 19 degrees. I had mentioned in my earlier post that it made a huge difference. Here's my proof!! (by the way my mods are "hot" air intake, and muffler with factory exhuast)

R/T .611
60 2.329
330 6.569
1/8 10.123
MPH 69.23
1000 13.186
1/4 15.767
MPH 87.99

Keep in mind that this is with lots of wheel spin in first gear.

Dave
'93 NX2000

·
Registered
1,055 Posts
wow, thats a much better improvement over your other time, plus you said there was quite a bit of wheelspin. Ill be adjusting my timing and checking it this week with my buddy Nismoser, ill let you know what my results are like. However, the first time i went to the track was a couple of weeks ago, and my car was bone stock with unnecessary weight in the car and my best time was a 16.03, so hopefully i will be able to improve with my new mods and raised timing.

------------------
1992 Nissan NX2000
White
K&N Cone intake, Bosal Performance muffler and 2.25" cat back

·
Registered
909 Posts
Hey you Ocean Co. guys should come up to Atco this thursday. We are going to have a few SE-R folk there. We will also have a timing light if anyone needs it done.

MarC

·
8,148 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by MarC:
Hey you Ocean Co. guys should come up to Atco this thursday. We are going to have a few SE-R folk there. We will also have a timing light if anyone needs it done.

MarC
</font>

What time Thursday? I may come down for amusement but will not run with my 4 year old with me. But will bring my helmet if anyone wants to borrow it.

·
Registered
407 Posts
dang! what am I doing wrong?!?!?!
I have a 93 NX with JWT clutch, *warm* air intake, 2.25" catback exhaust system w/arospeed muffler, and went to the track with TOTAL weight reductions in my car (all seats but driver's out, spare+jack out etc).
I also had 1/8 tank of ~95 octane gas and 17deg. advanced timing.
and I'm running 16.4-16.7's all night long!!!
Reaction time was about .7. I also have bosch platinum +4's and regrounded MAF sensor, and my front tires were at 25 psi, back ones at 30.

You know...I am wondering if my car is running rich. It "put"s sometimes...like mild backfire.
Any guesses from anyone?
-steve.

·
Bad Banana
1,411 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
What are you launching at? When I launched at 5000 rpm my 60 foot was 2.5 and my best time was [email protected] When I launched at 6000 rpm my time dropped to 15.7.

Also, bump your timing up to 19 with at least 91 octane (I run 94 octane) and see what happens.

One more thing, it could be the track. The track I go to sucks so in a couple of weeks I'm trying a different track to see if I could get better times.

Good Luck

Dave
'93 NX2000

·
Registered
407 Posts
oh...I'm only launching at 4000 rpm's. I just dont want a lot of wheelspin. I think maybe the track sucked a little bit too...it seemed like it was wet...I got some wheelspin at 4000rpm's.
Next time I go I'll bump my timing to 19 and use 93-95 octane.
Question:
when you first launch, do you ride the clutch to keep the rpm's at 6000 or do you let the clutch out and let the rpm's fall?
just curious.
steve. 93 aztec red NX

·
Registered
1,055 Posts
Yeah, definately get ngk's back in there. The +4's have been known to actually decrease performance. Also, if i drop any higher then 4500, theres a lot of wheelspin at the track.

------------------
1992 Nissan NX2000
White

·
Registered
407 Posts
Ok I'll put in my stock plugs...they are ngk and they still look pretty good. I'll let you guys know how it feels w/them back in.
(i wont be going to the track again this year probably.)
steve.

·
Registered
1,055 Posts
Also, about riding the clutch to 6 grand instead of dropping it will give u a better launch, but it will also kill your clutch.

------------------
1992 Nissan NX2000
White

·
Registered
407 Posts
owell...that's just an excuse to get a higher per4mance one!
lol!!
(like i have $$ to do that...
)

·
Registered
45 Posts
Dropping or ridding the clutch at 6000 is asking for trouble for a start.

Jokergrin... recheck your timing *also regarding running rich my car always seemed to be running rich until I had my injectors cleaned. Turned out injectors 2 & 3 were just about flooding the engine on part throttle and seemed to have a mis at hight rpm so have your injectors looked at maybe???
also check your leads and condition of your dizzy cap??? due for service , etc???
Best bet would be to hook it up to Mr Nissan's diagnostic machine to let you know whats goiung on! I think there is either something wrong or you should try another track. You should at least be running mid to low 15's with that set up.

When I went the times I got were 16.1 , 15.9 and 15.9 again. I was launching at 3500rpm. everything stock apart from free flow air filter and timing set to 18" also removed spare.

Lance

·
Registered
407 Posts
Thank you, I'll do just as you suggested.

Steve.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts