SR20 Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2,463 Posts
I've seen those rims in some magazines and I think they look pretty sweet. And light also. But I've seen other wheels I liked and then I used some of those on-line tire places that show you're car with various wheels, and my tastes have changed then. Good luck.

·
_______
3,640 Posts
Sweet looking(I always liked the BBS RC look) But I was actually thinking about having my stock rims powder coated white. Dose any one sell a white powder coat?

Mike

·
Registered
3,793 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
ya, the eastwood company makes a powedercoat kit that you can do yourself. the only problem is that you have to use an oven to get the coat to stick. go to a junkyard and buy an electric range, stick it out in the garage and use it. the kit is about 150 bux and the range would probably run you about 50 bux or so. does not have to be fancy, just enough to get some heat going through it. I have also considered getting my rims done in gunmetal or anthrosite (off black looking colors.

·
_______
3,640 Posts
Do you have a # for them? At my work I have a huge oven at my disposal that ranges from 200-500deg. Its used for baking lpi coatings,nomenclature,small animals and drying out wet money ;)

LMK the #
Mike

·
pwnd
3,455 Posts
Ive wanted that kit for like a year now. www.eastwoodcorp.com i think is their addy. i have an old oven right now i told dad not to through out so maybe i should get that kit finaly. you can bake them or they sell heatting lamps so you can do large objects. but for 150 bucks you cant beat that, i would be powdercoating everything, valve cover, calps, rims, stb, anything with metal

·
Registered
3,793 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
and when you get good with it, you can charge people to do stuff for them.

G

·
0 Posts
Hey Brian:

I think these would look better!

http://www.volkracing.co.jp/lineup_1999/sti/finish/i_indx_rszero.htm

enjoy!!!hehehehe

G

·
0 Posts
whoops! try this one...

http://www.volkracing.co.jp/lineup_1999/sti/finish/j_indx_rszero.htm

·
Registered
3,793 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
ya, those are the sti ones, made for the subaru. those are pretty cool rims though :)

G

·
0 Posts
Hey Brian...you just don't get it, do you?

you WILL buy the Subaru rims....hehehehehe

check my personal info above!!!!

G

·
0 Posts
Oh yeah, and thanks for showing me your intake, punk! Are you going to Johns tonight to watch a little Smackdown?

·
Registered
3,793 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
why powdercoat when you have krylon? gimme a break. costs tons cheaper, looks about the same, can change the color whenever you want, and I am 100% full of crap :)

1 - 15 of 15 Posts