SR20 Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
723 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i just put in a cone intake last night and so there was no place for the aiv tube. what i did as a temporary solution was cut a piece of cotton from a shirt and wrapped that over the aiv. then i had it clamped down.

it works just fine but it looks ghetto. i went to autozone and all they carried was Deusch breather filters. tho according to the booklet there are none available for the Sentras/NXs.

i really wouldn't like to have to order from the internet or drive 50 miles to find a shop with some k&n breather filters.

what are you people uising right now and where did you get it from?

·
Registered
4,465 Posts
No AIV here but I did use a cheap-o $10 breather filter for my valve cover. Check out the web page under engine pics.

·
pwnd
3,455 Posts
Well we did that to calum's crx and its still running that way. What i did on mine was get a deshits(auto zone stuff) breather filter. Dont know what the one was for i found the number in the archives. took some work to get it to work. then i bought a k&n baby filter for it. it really needs to be cleaned now. but search the archives for k&n baby filter kevin that should pop it up i think for the part number.

G

·
I bought a three dollar lawnmower filter from Ace hardware store and cut down the AIV tube that used to go to the air box almost until the black Aiv box and clamped it on. There are also K&N filters that fit it.

Eric

·
/// God Speed! ///
1,917 Posts
AIV

Well I am like alot of you in that I could not find a filter this side of the moon in a auto parts store to fit my AIV on my 91 Classic after I put my CAI on. Well today I was @ a GoodGuys car show and found a filter that works from a vendor there. The only thing is it is a male connection. No problem for me cause I left about 3" of hose coming off the AIV when installing my CAI(along with a piece of a rag as a filter). The part # is
K&N 62-1120. Hope this can be of use to someone.

Darren

G

·
a cheaper alternative to the K&N is a UNI-FILTER of the same size, at least over here it is, also motor bike shops have heck cheap small filters, one i saw was a K&N copy, even had pink oiled filter cotton, chrome and everything :rolleyes: but yeah on its side it looks the same eh :) over here NZ a K&N is worth $52 a UNI-FILTER $22 and a K&N copy about $18, thats probably no use at all to you though... but im sure if you drop into a bike shop, like a yamaha or kawasaki dealership then they will suss one out for you if you have you meausurements, over here uni filter is origional equiptment for both of those. sweet man, my breather is currently mashed as part of my radiator :( all jolly good and choice eh :eek:
chris

·
8,148 Posts
Go to any American car based shop. Get a 3/8 K&N (I think) oil breather. I paid I think $19.00 for one for my friend when I sold him my POP.

·
Old
744 Posts
Damn I sold mine to David for $5. Guess he made out.:p

·
JDM BOOST WHORE
3,772 Posts
i used a k&n untill i took that crap off. but now i have a jdm sr20 and dont have any of that crap. even removed the oil catch can. looks cleaner.

·
Registered
812 Posts

·
/// God Speed! ///
1,917 Posts
I'm not tring to sale anything here but I just deleted my AIV.
I have my K&N laying around now if anyone wants it, just pick up the tap for shipping.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts