SR20 Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
723 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
stock...

in 1st gear the tach sweep right past the redline EASILY... but in 2nd it seems like there's no gain to be made past redline... and third... well it doesnt pull as strong in 3rd...

so im just wondering what the best shift points are.

·
8,148 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Sheabird:
I shift redline 1st, the like 7 the rest...for optimum acceleration.</font>
Actually redline or 7's in 1st and 6500rpm in second and third. You lose power past 6500.

·
Registered
723 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by james vick:
wassup limitdslip do you have the factory ecu or the jwt?</font>
factory everything

too bad nobody showed up at ennis because of the rain and all.

on another note: i dont know how relevent it is... since it is just a stupid computer model... but Cartest says you should drop 250rpm each shift for our cars =/

·
former pulsar car whore
1,397 Posts
This is what Jay told me about shifting the car. With stock cams and the JWT ECU. Like 7500 in first and 7100 in all the other gears. With aftermarket cams, 7700 or so in first and about 7500 or so in the other gears.

------------------
97 Super Black 200sx SE-R
Hotshot CAI, custom 2.5" catback with dynomax super turbo muffler, Hotshot header, UR pulleys (2 set), JWT ECU, Stillen FSB, Courtesy RSB, V-Racing Buzz seat with custom seat bracket, JUN CAMS (264's 10.5mm lift)

·
JordanWhiteMusic.com
4,699 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by 97 Black SER:
This is what Jay told me about shifting the car. With stock cams and the JWT ECU. Like 7500 in first and 7100 in all the other gears. With aftermarket cams, 7700 or so in first and about 7500 or so in the other gears.
</font>
What about with JWT cams, BUT without the ECU on a B14? So the rev-limit it 7100? That would be interesting to know.

------------------
Stormy
'98 SE(R) w/ HS CAI, HS G3 Header, Custom 2.25" Exhaust, JWT S4 Cams, UR Pulleys, KYB AGX's, Eibach Spings, Courtesy F&R STB's, ES Mounts, ES control arm bushings & shifter bushing (NI), Brembo X-Drilled Rotors w/ Axxis MM Pads, 205/50 Pirelli's, Nis-Knacks goodies
www.WhiteLineRacing.com

·
Registered
1,908 Posts
I shift at about 7500 from 1'st to second and 7700 to third but i have the jwt ecu and go through the lights in third just hitting the fuel cut at 94 mph. I launch at about 4K

·
former pulsar car whore
1,397 Posts
Jordan, I would think you'd want to be all over the rev limiter.

------------------
Hotshot CAI, custom 2.5" catback with dynomax super turbo muffler, Hotshot header, UR pulleys (2 set), JWT ECU, Stillen FSB, Courtesy RSB, V-Racing Buzz seat with custom seat bracket, JUN CAMS (264's 10.5mm lift)

·
Registered
723 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Pretty White:
Actually redline or 7's in 1st and 6500rpm in second and third. You lose power past 6500.

</font>
well they dyno their peak hp @ ~6300rpm or so so i think there's still a bit of power past the peak before it really starts to drop

·
Registered
850 Posts
From what I found you should do the 1-2 right before you hit the rev limiter. The 2-3 shift should happen about 200rpm before the rev limiter. I got better 1/8 ET's and traps by shifting like this (having a shift light helps alot too). My tach reads 500-600rpm quicker than it should, for example at 7000rpm my tach shows 7600rpm.

·
Registered
723 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Nismo87SE:
My tach reads 500-600rpm quicker than it should, for example at 7000rpm my tach shows 7600rpm. </font>
great point. i've nevr thought about that. it explains the descrepancies between my SOTP and Dyno readings

·
former pulsar car whore
1,397 Posts
Damn 600 rpms off. My tach shows 8000 at the 7800 JWT programed rev limiter.

------------------

M

·
0 Posts
The optimal shift point caculation method is addressed in the newest issue of SCC, which every sr20de owner should buy anyway since a great article on the 02' SE-R SpecV is in there.

------------
94 SE-R; HKS exhaust, JWT POP, a few other small upgrades.

·
Registered
723 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
1 - 16 of 16 Posts