SR20 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
JordanWhiteMusic.com
4,699 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Guys, today my friends and I replaced my AGX/Eibachs with the stock springs and shocks. All went well except the left front.

There is a loud clunk sound from the L/F wheel area when at a dead stop when you turn the steering wheel all the way to each way.
It clunks about midway between all the way to the left and right. The car also drives strangely, the steering is unpredictable and seems to have a mind of it's own. I will not be driving it until this problem is solved.

The thing is, we installed them correctly. We did everything identical on the R/F and the rears, they are fine. Could something have broken on the installation, or could my stock shock or spring be bad? They had about 60,000 miles on them and were removed for the AGX/Eibachs at Midas. Any help would be GREATLY appreciated. Looks like I may have to get my car towed
Please help

------------------
Stormy
'98 SE w/ goodies
www.WhiteLineRacing.com

·
Seeing red
2,084 Posts
One possible cause of the clunk is a broken thrust bearing. Mine started clunking the first time I swapped struts on my car.

Did you get an alignment after switching from Eibachs to the stock springs? Even a small change will make the car track strangely.

·
Registered
858 Posts
yup he sounds right.

------------------
91 SE-R,10:1 comp.pistons,balanced &blueprint rebuild.comp.4angle valve job,extrude honed heads/intake manifold,No emissions.crap,RC TB/MAF,nismo cams,UR pulleys,stillen4-1 ceram.header, ACT HDS/S clutch,PR CAI with POPchgr,2 1/2"OD test pipe,mandrel 2 1/4"ID superturbo ex., ZEX flywheel & JW 50 shot nos with 60 shot jet. and much more goodies!

·
Registered
858 Posts
40-65 bucks is what I paid with installation and all.

------------------
91 SE-R,10:1 comp.pistons,balanced &blueprint rebuild.comp.4angle valve job,extrude honed heads/intake manifold,No emissions.crap,RC TB/MAF,nismo cams,UR pulleys,stillen4-1 ceram.header, ACT HDS/S clutch,PR CAI with POPchgr,2 1/2"OD test pipe,mandrel 2 1/4"ID superturbo ex., ZEX flywheel & JW 50 shot nos with 60 shot jet. and much more goodies!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts