SR20 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Please help me out here since the stupid mailing list people seem to NEVER help anyone out. They LIKE IGNORING YOU and not helping.

I would like to know the status on this oil at this moment with you guys and how it is compared to Mobil 1. Thanks guys..

·
Registered
3,793 Posts
I am curious too b/c I use redline and well, I still pay 7 bux a qt. and I get it at cost. I would not mind at all paying 4 bux for something that is just as good. I have only heard good things about it though. I have a few ls1 buddies that have it in their car and love it, but I have not personally used it, but I just might try it out b/c I need to change my oil soon anyways. as always, I will keep yall' updated.

·
www.motorists.org
3,047 Posts
I knew some LS1 dudes that used it and liked it as well. The understanding I got that is was equal to Mobil 1 when used normally, but superior when using their remote oil filter and return line thingy. With their setup you are supposed to be able to leave the oil in for some ungodly amount of time like 15k or something. Well with just synth it says you can leave it in for 7500 miles, but we're all anal about our cars so I don't think even with the Royal Purple setup that anyone would leave their oil in that long.

Wait, maybe that was AMSOIL I am thinking about? Always got Royal Purple and AMSOIL mixed up... :)

·
Registered
162 Posts
I am curious about RP also. Vince from N. Texas Nissan thinks its the nectar of the gods.

I would also be interested in Neo Synthetic gear oil. I have heard that its the **** as well (from JUN).

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I'm using the Neo Sythetic RHD gear oil now. I too have heard from JUN that it is really good. Supposedly, they use to break trannies in their Hyper Lemon Civic every 3rd run or so. Then they switched to the Neo and were able to go like 10 runs before breaking.

It does say it's for GL-5, GL-6, but says it's suppose to meet all specs from GL-2 through GL-6.

http://www.neosyntheticoil.com/75w90rhd.htm

Ryan

·
Registered
162 Posts
That's weird. Why would JUN recommend this to me? They really should know better.

Does NEO make an engine oil? Maybe I got them confused when I discussed NEO w/the JUN rep...

·
Scary monkey windmill
257 Posts
So what do you guys think about the Neo gear oil in an SE-R with a Quaife LSD? The Quaife is a gear type so it needs good tranny oil... is the Neo stuff up to the challenge or does it take a different type of gear oil for that?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts