SR20 Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Drinking The H Juice Now
4,216 Posts
so... that will bolt to a SR20? or are you going completely SR16VE?

·
SouthPaw
2,022 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
This is my DD, but will see some time at the track. I got some radials for spirited driving and I am going to pick up some mickey thompsons for the track. Traction can be an issue on regular street tires with this transmission, but I purchased it with a full understanding of what I was getting myself into.

·
Drinking The H Juice Now
4,216 Posts
by track and Mickey Ts i am guessing you mean drag racing :yawn: ;)

·
SouthPaw
2,022 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
jer_760 said:
Any idea what the rpms will be when you are going about 60-70mph?
High, thats all I know now. There was a post with it in there, but I cant search for it at this time. iirc it was 3800 at 80 mph. I'm not too worried though because I live in Northern Virginia where the highest speed limit on a public road is 55, its rediculous.

·
Is an SE-R/VE a VE-R?
2,262 Posts
So what are all the ratios? Seems to me we had a gearbox ratio list somewhere in here, would be nice to have them there.

·
The ELITE NX2k Bredren!
5,150 Posts
Setzer said:
It's a noticeable difference in rpm's on the highway, gas mileage went down by about 3mpg. I know it is higher than 3800 at 80, I'll check tomorrow.

Yeah its got to be higher then that. The regular DE tranny is sitting at 3800rpms in 5th doing 80. I want to see the top speed in second that the tranny will do. The DE tranny will do 60mph at redline in 2nd which is great for Highway on ramps here.

·
SouthPaw
2,022 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Well, I will let you guys know what my cruising rpms are after I install the transmission. I wont go to 80 mph, because that is 25 mph over the highest speed limit here, but I will do a 60 mph test, and maybe a 70 mph test if I'm feeling safe from johnny law.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts