SR20 Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Master Cunnilingust
4,713 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For the time being, I've had a change of heart about getting rid of the Classic next year. (I'd like to do a VE swap this fall) Since I'm in dire need of an exhaust anyway, (although it does sound pretty mean coming straight out of the secondaries!) I'm going to need a cat to go with the stainless header and VRS SS cat-back I'll be buying. I'm going 3" on the cat-back so I figure I'd need my cat to be 3" inlets as well, unless that won't bolt up to the downpipe from the header, assuming that would be 2.5" I found this one on eBay and wanted to see if it was worth getting or if I should get something else. I appreciate your input.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Cata...33629QQitemZ8004153722QQrdZ1QQsspagenameZWDVW

·
Premium Member
4,241 Posts
Catco cats are decent and inexpensive; you can buy them all day long on ebay for well under $100. The two-bolt, eye-shaped flanges used for Nissan cars are difficult to find in 3-inch sizing.

·
Master Cunnilingust
4,713 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
It doesn't appear, at least from the pics on the website, that the VRS cats come flanged either just like the $40 ebay ones. I'll have to check out the catco's. I could just use a straight pipe there, but I don't want to be totally irresponsible. It's bad enough I'm going to be using an SSautochrome header.

·
agent camel toe
9,396 Posts
the s and s when ported and attached to a custom 3 inch or 2.5 sec is pretty good..

1 - 7 of 7 Posts