SR20 Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
JDM style
1,091 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i need a new clutch, just wondering what every1's got

i think ill replace the clutch cable while im at it, cuz my clutch takes a lot of force to push down

after changing these has anyones clutch gotten nice and soft?

·
SNAIL SQUAD
10,271 Posts
ACT RULES!!!!!!!!!

I have a ACT clutch and pressure plate. When I first put it on the clutch pedal was stiff as hell. I then replaced the clutch cable and it got soft as hell. I love the clutch set-up. I use it all motor and on juice and it works great! :D

·
Veritas
6,205 Posts
ProActive is the brand of my clutch, supposedly a combination of employees from Brand X and Brand Y clutches got together, and started making their own.

They do a good job. Over 100 dragstrip launches PLUS 24 autocrosses a year (2x a month), and the thing still grabs like, well, new.

Highly recommended. I just don't know where to tell you to find one is all.

·
Registered
2,315 Posts
Well I ordered an ACT clutch two months ago......

But I still have the stock clutch :p

Chris
Clutchless in Kentucky

·
Registered
69 Posts
4 puck. Once you get used to it its really a good clutch!!!!!!!! Strong as FK!!!! Once you let go your going. Grip from 1g to 7100!! Grip all day long. Launches are hard, 3rd gear barks are hard. The clutch just throws you. Be careful though. It will hurt if your not.

·
Registered
1,147 Posts
JWT, gotta support the boys in el cajon! a little stiffer than stock, definitely less movement to put it into gear. i like it a lot.

·
Registered
301 Posts
EvilSe-R said:
4 puck. Once you get used to it its really a good clutch!!!!!!!! Strong as FK!!!! Once you let go your going. Grip from 1g to 7100!! Grip all day long. Launches are hard, 3rd gear barks are hard. The clutch just throws you. Be careful though. It will hurt if your not.

Live and Die by ACT

Although it depends how much power your gonna be putting out. 4 puck recommended above is a little harsh(especially for everyday driving) i know for my setup ill just be running a 100shot with bolt on's i wont need a 4 puck, ill just be running the extreme pressure plate on a stock street disk.

ive heard of other clutches, like clutchmasters, star, centerforce not working too well with an se-r. I dont know thats just what ive heard. ACT has always been a trustworthy and reliable for clutches IMO.

Matt

·
JDM style
1,091 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
i dunno which to get,
i dont have 500 bucks to get a clutch and install it
so i just wanna get the best clutch for its $

·
Registered
765 Posts
I've got the stock disk with JWT pressure plate.. I drive the living hell out of my car and race daily. It still grabs well and gets the job done. The pedal feels just like stock... alot of those other ones will feel pretty stiff. You should see if there are any SE-Rs in your area with diffrent clutches you could test drive. See which one you like the best.

·
Pew Pew Pew
2,829 Posts
Act Extrem PP, and street disc. It's held everything I've thrown at it so far. The extreme pp will give your leg a work out. I also have a zex/jun ultralight flywheel which I absolutely love. I can honestly say it's been one of my favorite add on's.

·
Registered
909 Posts
I had a 96 200sx SE-R and I put the JWT PP with stock disk in it and loved it.

I now have a 93 NX2000 and put the JWT PP with stock 2001 clutcg disk and tho I have not tested it alot (break in) I can tell Im gonna like it. Very light pedal feel and a nice smooth yet firm engagement. I would recomend this set up to anyone under 200 wheel HP.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts