SR20 Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
3,322 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, I am planning on upgrading to a T3/T04E by the end of spring, and my clutch is already slipping on my T25 (ACT HDSS). What setup should I get to hold about 300-350hp? Thanks for input!

Crono

·
WWJD
2,092 Posts
Most people I know use ACT Extreme P/P w/street disc

·
Registered
3,322 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Has anyone heard any reviews on the clutchnet? I'm skeptical.

·
On Vacation
3,821 Posts
I just upgraded to T3/T04E and I also upgraded to a Spec Stage 3 (6 puck sprung). Clutch setup is good for 320 TQ according to Spec. Right now I'm breaking in the clutch and so far I love it. It is much softer than the ACT I had.

Manny

·
Registered
207 Posts
The spec stage 3 in my AWD pulsar with a T25 blew out two springs in the disc. I have only seen bad things with Spec. I like the ACT XT00 setup for 300+ HP/Torque. That is an extreme PP and a modified street disk.

Yeah YEah Yeah, Brent (Coach) once again posting under my brother's screen name.

Brent

·
Registered
3,322 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hehe, thanks for the replies guys, I heard bad things about spec clutches too. What about this clutchnet?

Thanks,
Justin

·
stirring but plain-faced
993 Posts
I had a clutch specialties pressure plate with the solid hub copper/organic street disk. I liked it alot with the T25 and it always held well and never slipped. I just recently(300 miles ago) switched to their 6 puck sprung hub setup. I really like it so far. It is pretty smooth but is starting to chatter a bit now that its getting broken in. With the new 6 puck disk they say its good for 350ft/lbs or torque.

·
On Vacation
3,821 Posts
I've heard nothing but good things from Spec clutches. Before I bought I hit the 'search' for Spec clutches and came out with good things. A lot of 240s, Mustangs, and Camaros use this clutch with good reviews.

Manny

·
SE-R Searcher
1,861 Posts
clutchnet is the way to go. They upgrade the Pressure Plate about the same way as ACT. This is good...ACT makes very good pressure plates, they are designed for maximum clamping force and less pedal pressure and with heat treated diaphrams. The disc are custom made with all different types of material. The best thing about clutchnet is the quality of the disc. they have a patent on the hubs for the disc. they are very strong and have a design so that the springs can handle the abuse of racing. most company's SPEC, ACT..... just use a stock disc but change the friction material. ACT just sells the carbon material and Spec has moved onto kevlar. clutchnet also has a different fiber material which holds more power and lasts longer than the organic and kevlar surfaces. kevlar is not really good for racing because it creates a glaze on the surface that can cause slipping issues. for your car you can get a type 1X PP(80-90% overstock) and a fiber-fiber disc. clutchnet also has a sprung hub 6-puck that guys use but i personally hate puck discs for the street...think i said enough, i know there are a lot of guys with clutchnet setups that can contibute....

·
Boost Addict
1,451 Posts
I have relatively new Clutchnet Clutch on my DET wT25 @7psi. Very good quality on the clutch disc. I went with the Kevlar/Carbon Fiber disc. It's carbon fiber on the flywheel side and kevlar on the PP side. The clutch has about 5000 miles on it and it is great. Mine is rated for about 320hp. My only advice is to get a Nissan T/O bearing. The bearing I got with the Clutch started to chatter only after a week. Other than that I love it. I bought mine through 'goneturbo.' He's good to deal with and I got the clutch within three days after final payment.

·
Registered
3,322 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Nice, what clutchnet setup should I go with for a T3/T04 that will support up to 350hp and still daily drivable?

Justin

·
SE-R Searcher
1,861 Posts
the best option for the street is to go with a type 1X Pressure plate and a fiber-fiber EZ log Pro sprung disc. The other setup you could use would be a type 1 PP(40%) and a 6-puck sprung. but the first setup is better for the street. if you have any more specific questions about clutchnet clutches you can check the groupbuy thread or send me a pm.

·
lack of sr20 owner
1,329 Posts
I had a ACT HD PP w/ street disc and blew a spring out for no apparent reason, and i was driving normal :(

So I switched to Spec Stage III, 6 puck. Pedal feel is lighter than before. I love it.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts