SR20 Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
www.motorists.org
3,047 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know the f-body LS1 folks abhor them, but in Edmunds review and my experience they aren't so bad. Edmunds said that on other cars they scream for mercy, but on the Sentra SE they work pretty well. They don't make any (high pitched) noise for me ever. I'm sure other tires like AVS Intermediate and Dunlop SP Sport 8000 are worlds of difference, but what are your thoughts on the stock tires?

·
Registered
3,793 Posts
suck, were bald the first 5k miles, but could have been due to my driving, but not likely, I like my 205/40/17 yokohama a520s better :)

·
www.motorists.org
3,047 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
bald the first 5k?!?!? Do you always do burnouts from stops or something??? I'd like to see how you tires with a lesser treadwear rating, sheesh... :)
Have 27k on my originals (only about 2k of them were from me) and they still will last a while yet., maybe 1/2 to 2/3 worn

G

·
0 Posts
I don't drive my 95 se-r very hard (mainly commuting), I may take a curve alittle quick every once and a while.My rsa's lasted about 60k, they were worn down to the tread indicators. They never were great in the rain,they were hydroplaning bad before I bought a set of Bridgestone RE-910,s last week(205-55/15).They cost 420$ counting the mounting,balancing,ect. I live in KY.The rsa,s seem to corner slighty better,but the 910's are more quiet and less of a rough ride. John

·
_______
3,640 Posts
60K!!!! I got 20k out of mine. Hmmm...it must have been the strip,autoxing and off ramps that killed them. I also admit that I beet the piss out of my car and its fun! 8)

Mike G.
98 SE w/26K going on 80.
(I used to have a 87 Max....I beet the piss out of that too..)

·
pwnd
3,455 Posts
Well Im not really sure what Im currently running but looking for recomendations. Im needing new tires probaly by summer or so and want to know whats good and fits on the classic rims. Trying to find tires for the 14" is not very fun if you ask me

·
Registered
3,793 Posts
no, just every other stoplight I do a burnout, actually just dump it about 5k :) jk they wore out about 15k on my buddies (old) ls1 t/a. plus I read on se-r.net that se-rs have a problem with the dealership putting the cars too tight onto the trucks when they ship em'. that is probably what wore em' out. some things we will never know :)

·
www.motorists.org
3,047 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
They sure do make some sweet squeal when powering in he middle of a hard corner though. :)

G

·
0 Posts
I had my RS-As for 35k and they were so-so. I recently went to the Dunlop W-10s because they were one of the few with the correct size. They blow away the RS-As and for $67/corner. Of course, that was a back-to-back comparison to my worn RS-As.

BTW, Nice site, Ben.

·
Registered
254 Posts
Have had my original RSA's for 28,000 miles - no problems. Relatively quiet, good tracking, no hydroplaning problems to speak of, plenty of tread left.

Have had a new one on now for 5,000 miles. No problems "blending in" with the originals. Hit a chunck of concrete the size of a bowling ball cut in half at 80mph in HEAVY traffic. Cut the tire in two between and up both side walls, all the way to the crushed and cracked rim! Even so, had no problems with bringing the car to a controlled stop on the side of the road. The rest of the tire stayed together, even with the rim rolling on it for 1/4mile at high speed. To be sure, this was a rare event, but one that bodes well for the tire's overall construction.

·
Track Whore
1,120 Posts
I like the RSA too. I still have mine running with the Nissan rims on my Corolla FX-16. They have tread in them and I will drive them until they are bold. I ran the hell out of the RE71 @ Willow Springs. They took a licking and kept on ticking. Amazing for street tires.
UR 4-Pulleys, Volk TE-37/Potenza RE-71 205/50ZR15.

G

·
0 Posts
When I bought my 200SX SE-R wheels my original intention was to sell the tires to Marc Hernandez. I couldn't do it with a clear conscience. They scared the hell out of me on the road. They feel like they are folding under me on hard turns. My Bridgestone RE-910s were *much* better all around.

On a side note, I do all of my drag racing on the RSAs. I hope to hit a sub 2.0 60' this Fall with them.

Jim
Houston, TX

·
www.motorists.org
3,047 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
For some reason the RSA's seem to do very well in drag racing. Jay Hassinger hit his 15.1 standing on the brakes on RSA's. I wonder why they are particularly good for dragging?

·
Registered
3,793 Posts
I don't know, that is the only reason I liked them is b/c I could hook up in them. other than that it felt like I was driving on cheap $29 wal mart tires (unless I was just used to my 17s?)

·
pwnd
3,455 Posts
I guess Im lucky I got some Dunlop's D90's I think. Not sure cant remember at the moment. This summer Im getting some new tires and still cant make up my mind. Want to hear some stuff on some of those cheap tires that people on the list is talking about. Maybe some Yoko's since my dad likes them alot and he said he would get me some tires :) free tires rule.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.