SR20 Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
723 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is my results from my first time ever at the track.
I have a 93 w/ cotton filter and 17* timing.
Car weight is 2610 with driver.

1st: 2.553 - [email protected] (32psi, 3500rpm)
2nd: 2.600 - [email protected] (28psi, 4000rpm)
3rd: 2.449 - [email protected] (28psi, 4500rpm)
4th: 2.409 - [email protected] (22psi, 4700rpm)

*cool down*

5th run: 2.734 - XXX (22psi, 5000rpm)
6th run: 2.380 - XXX (22psi, 5500rpm)

on the 5th run my clutch pedal wouldnt go up all the way!!! it got stuck near the middle with full throttle :eek: :(

so i limped down the track and got a NASTY, NASTY whiff of the clutch because it was screwed so bad

i decided to go at it one more time. this time, the clutch went up but it still hesitated and slipped in 1st gear. i could've cut a 2.30 had it not done that. anyways, i went into 2nd gear and the thing wouldn't grab!! i ended up bouncing off the rev limiter so i limped down once again and let the car sit for the rest of the day. =/

i was really disappointed because i could've made 15.6 or 15.5 if it didn't crap out on me =[

·
employment whiplash, NC
3,646 Posts
About a 2:35 on the full course at VIR @ 117 down the back straight.

Oh...you weren't talking about that. Sorry :D

·
Veritas
6,205 Posts
Sounds like your clutch over-centered, a common problem when trying to drag race too much on a stock, worn clutch. It happened to mine the very first time I took 'er to the strip, at 144,000 miles.

It was then -and only then- that I realized a new clutch would be needed to do some dragstrip battle.

To answer your question: I ran 15.18 with only the PoP and Pacesetter header, stock exhaust.

·
Registered
723 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
SERprise In WV said:
Sounds like your clutch over-centered, a common problem when trying to drag race too much on a stock, worn clutch. It happened to mine the very first time I took 'er to the strip, at 144,000 miles.
that means that my clutch is damaged or nothing, right? only that it doesn't hold under heavy and rapid use? because i didn't give the car much rest between the passes--the lines were short and quick

·
Veritas
6,205 Posts
Without actually driving your car, I wouldn't say your clutch is damaged. However, if you do plan on drag racing --even just on a monthly basis-- then you may want to look at a new clutch.

I'll bet that, when you remove your current one, you'll find it is worn down almost to the rivets.

-GP-

·
Registered
415 Posts
That's the way my original clutch looked when I removed it (at around 80k). No wonder it was slipping so badly. :p You'd be suprised how much quicker your car feels, and actually is, with a new clutch, even if it's just an OEM replacement. I've got about 8k on my new OEM clutch, and it still grips like when it came out of the box brand new (Well, of course a lot smoother now, lol). Not bad considering I drive the car pretty damn hard. :D

SERprise In WV said:
I'll bet that, when you remove your current one, you'll find it is worn down almost to the rivets.

·
Air filter cleaner masta
4,218 Posts
I had a stillen pop charger on my 96 200sx se-r, the timing was advanced also to about 17 degree's. I pulled off a 2.1 60ft and ran a [email protected] That is about the fastest I could get off that night. That run was on street tires. On slicks I went [email protected] with the same 60ft.. I didnt understand why the 60ft was so bad. But those are my times.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts