SR20 Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Nissan Mut Car...
1,125 Posts
Dont they have a distributerless system... ie coil on plugs?

·
Registered
11 Posts
SR20DE RWD comes froma n/a silvias almost the same engine but with a distributor instead cam angle sensor and individual coil packs

usually people use this distributor in the sr20det swap and you can use the ka24de ecu,ignition coil and no coil packs the advantage is you can save a few bucks until you have enough money to invest in a stand alone system like i'm doing

i read somewhere in this forum you can use the 98 se-r cap and rotor from what i saw in pics looks almost the same tomorrow i'm going to autozone to buy these parts and check if they fit or not i let you know as soon as i can but if someone knows please let keep us informed thanks

·
Jah Rastafari
7,677 Posts
I have a few S13 ans S14 SR20DE RWD dists and the cap and rotor looks just like the RWD KA24DE S13 and S14 dist caps and rotors

·
Registered
11 Posts
Andreas Miko said:
I have a few S13 ans S14 SR20DE RWD dists and the cap and rotor looks just like the RWD KA24DE S13 and S14 dist caps and rotors
can you compare them side by side because someone wrote that the holes don't match by an 1/8"

·
8,886 Posts
I am in the midst of that swap right now. I put my SR20DE engine cap and rotor on my 92 KA24DE engine. I did not run the engine with it I just test fitted them. I think you just need to get the cap and rotor at a local store and try it. The rotor looks 100% the same, Cap was a different design but seemed to have the same function. Just make sure the #1 lines up in the same spot. I had a B15 Dist on my VE. Looked totally different but worked exactly the same.

·
Registered
1,978 Posts
Painful.

I am "That guy" who said the SE-R cap doesn't line up. It sure does look like it though. Heres 2 pictures. One showing how CLOSE they look (even though the bolt holes don't line up.) and the other showing how a front view.

It looks close, sure. Doesn't fit. Bore out the hole,place a small washer under the bolt for the cap? perhaps. As is, NO!

·
Registered
11 Posts
let me get this straight i'm confused here what i'm looking for is the dist.cap and rotor for the sr20de RWD from a n/a silvia Q that i'm using on a rwd 240sx/sr20det set up

i can't find replacemente for the cap and rotor as og now tried the 94 1.6 sentra and don't work the ka24de neither so anyone knows ?

·
8,886 Posts
Edit: Ok, my car came home and I just had to take a better look. The KA24DE cap does NOT fit the SR. It will slide on, It even bolts down on one side. The Other side is close but it just doesn't hit the threads. So I am WRONG. :(

1 - 10 of 10 Posts