SR20 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK I read the instructions from GC but I'm still unclear to what section of the front shocks do I have to grind to get the GC's to fit over. Is it that ring that prohibits me to put the collar on , because the little paper I got from ground control said something about the shaft ??? I have no idea. I plan on attempting the install this weekend.

Thanks,

Art

·
Registered
1,570 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Art_Teal97:
OK I read the instructions from GC but I'm still unclear to what section of the front shocks do I have to grind to get the GC's to fit over. Is it that ring that prohibits me to put the collar on , because the little paper I got from ground control said something about the shaft ??? I have no idea. I plan on attempting the install this weekend.

Thanks,

Art
</font>
Yes, you need to grind down that ring for the GC collars to fit around the strut housing... And the rest is pretty straight-forward.

--Andrew Phan
1993 NX2000
1998 200SX SE-R

·
Living up Boost
893 Posts
I think you got the right idea. The only thing to grind is the small round plate that is at the top of the shock where the rod comes out. Make sure you use water frequently to cool the shock off as you grind. And DON'T let the grinder come in contact with the rod.

-saaby

------------------
Red 99 SE with: CAI, KYB AGX/Ground Control 350 in/lb front 300 in/lb rear, Stillen Front STB, Redline MT90, ES Motor Mounts (4-set), Timing changed to 15 degrees

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Ok gotcha... that's what I was thinking. I wasn't sure because of the unclear instructions from GC. I guess I will grind it tonight to save some time tommorrow.

Thanks for the reply gentlemen.

-Art

·
Recovering Rice Boy
1,176 Posts
Just wonering guys..On my KYB GR2s I had to grind away that little ring to get my GC collar to slide on to the strut body. One thing though..I noticed while I was doing it the strut body started to get hot...Is it possible that I ruined my stuts? They feel like they're siezed.. When I push down on the front end I get no type of response..stiff as heck. are my struts ruined?

------------------
Irwin 96 200sx SE-R (w/ a lil sumptin sumptin) photo viewable thanks to Chrissy!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts