SR20 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3,793 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys, I have had a smc short shifter in my car for about 8 months now and was wondering what I use to lube it with? I found the instructions and it did not say what kind of lube it was, they just called it grease. I was only asking this b/c I was cleaning out my boot the other day and saw that all of the grease had risen to the top of the "ball" of the shifter and very little grease was on or in the mechanical part of the shifter, and has seemed kind of tight lately (kind of hard to complain with a 3.5 inch shift though)

G

·
0 Posts
I had the same thing for my maxima, and what really helped is I used MT90 on the round white ball, and man what a difference. It really helped.

·
Registered
3,793 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
well, problem solved, just took it out. just kidding, I am going to run down to wal-mart to see if they have any of the teflon grease down there b/c I think a bike shop would charge the crap out of me, and also ask me "wtf are you doing buying bicycle grease?" (i LOOK like i eat alot of cheezeburgers and drink alot of beer :)

·
_______
2,170 Posts
Or white lithium grease is fine too. I'll be taking my shifter apart next week. It buzzes, so I'll be dremeling off a bunch of metal on the righthand side of the bracket (it only makes the noise in 5th gear).

·
Registered
370 Posts
1 - 7 of 7 Posts