SR20 Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
554 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi guys i am going to buy a VE SR20Ve....

i already have a SR20DE engine in my nx what do i need for the swap....is it enough to buy the engine or do i need the radiatiors harmnes ecu nd so on.....???

·
Jah Rastafari
7,677 Posts
NX2000-Germany said:
hi guys i am going to buy a VE SR20Ve....

i already have a SR20DE engine in my nx what do i need for the swap....is it enough to buy the engine or do i need the radiatiors harmnes ecu nd so on.....???

Just get the motor with the harness so you can use some of the plugs, also try and get the VE MAF. Get a JWT comp programmed for VE MAF with VE 333cc injs for your car.

Next look in the VE info section for the part #s for the MSD window switches and RPM modules.

Thats it!

·
NEOphile
307 Posts
If your NX DE is high-port, you're going to have to get a low-port intake for the VE. Depending on your current clutch, it might be a good idea to get a new one while you're in there.

You can run a DE comp, but you'll have to set the engine's ignition timing at 19-21 degrees to burn all that extra fuel. Either that or just use your DE injectors. But not getting the JWT reprogram will hinder performance a little. If you can get a VE ECU, you have to use the VE harness (and nobody in the states can upgrade it). If you use the DE ECU, you have to use the DE distributor and grind a little bit off of it to make it fit (see the FAQ). Have fun!

·
Registered
329 Posts
Why aren't more people using the DE injectors and distributor with the DE ecu instead of shelling out all that money for a JWT ecu? The 259's should be able to support more horsepower than the average VE makes won't they?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts