SR20 Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i ahve been looking at this as a possible mod for my g20 come spring when all of the other toys go back on and was wondering what exactly does an sr20 get out of this? it's basically a fuel enrichment and timing piggyback computer by what i have read and it makes me wonder. it also makes me wonder if i need more than i/h/e on my car to have a purpose for it. eventually i hope to have the pc and cams from jwt and i wonder if this will be better then (or worse). a guy i work with installed one in his 92 240sx a few months ago but he is also running a jdm sr20det with a lot of other stuff. i am not quite as gung ho as him but i would still like to get the best performance from my car and i have found a few places that are selling apexi and greddy stuff really cheap so i could get this for ~300 (i got my greddy exhaust for 430 at the same place)

·
_______
3,640 Posts
Nothing to gain at all. At best if your not running boost you might lose power. And if your running boost you might even blow the motor up. The stock SR ECU is self learning and it can compensate to a point when you add mods. When you through a gizmo like that on it the ECU will fight to change the values back to the original setting and it is just pointless.

Take your $300 and put it under you pillow every week through a couple of buck under it untill you have enough to buy something usefull like s3 cams(excelent mod IMHO) or the JWT ECU. Trust me the s-afc is a waist of money for your car.

Mike
98sentraSE Turbo
http://people.ne.mediaone.net/mgoss/Page2.html

·
Registered
3,793 Posts
all the afc does is convert the air flow meter (mass air) and trick it into dumping more gas at certain rpms. no power to be gained, unless you mess with it a little bit. use your money wisely. you will gain very little out of this.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts