SR20 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
1,055 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
http://www.creverything.com/cr-obxheader.html
WEll, anyone know the quality, or specs or durability, or gains from these headers?? does anyone have experience with them?? Im assuming they will fit even the 91-94 se-r's. Any info will be helpful..looks like a better alternative to the pacesetter. Thanks in advance.

------------------
1992 NX2000
White
K&N Cone intake, Bosal Performance muffler and 2.25" cat back

·
Registered
1,055 Posts
Discussion Starter #2

·
Registered
1,055 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
CMON!! someone has to know something about these obx headers!! As far as i know there pretty new for our cars and i was wondering if there are any writeups on them...thanks.

·
Registered
1,570 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by NismoNx2000:
CMON!! someone has to know something about these obx headers!! As far as i know there pretty new for our cars and i was wondering if there are any writeups on them...thanks.</font>
No one knows anything because no one that we know of has tried them! Geez... You answered your own question with "pretty new".

·
Registered
1,055 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Listen BUDDY!! dont get all hissy with me!! I just want to know if these headers are going to be better then the pacesetter given the fact that there ceramic coated and seem to be made better!!

Nah, im just playin, but opinions are cool too if anyone has experience with obx. I know there not going to be nearly as good as the hotshot, but for around 160 bucks or so, it might be a good deal. thats it. Thanks again.

------------------
1992 NX2000
White
K&N Cone intake, Bosal Performance muffler and 2.25" cat back

·
Registered
596 Posts
I haven't heard of anybody actually trying these, but they have actually been around for a while. They always seemed to be in development. My guess would be that if they were any good, we would have heard more about them.

But if you got them, we would certainly appreciate it if you told us your impressions of them.

·
Registered
513 Posts
Word on the civic si board about these headers is nothing but bad news. The quality is actually inferior to Pacesetter from what I could see. But, it may be worth a shot to check out. HP Racing also makes a similar header. But, again the honda people aren't too fond of that one either. You have to be carefull for these companies sometimes.

------------------
Kevin
93 Ruby Pearl Classic
w/ advanced timing & Stillen POP

·
Registered
1,055 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
do u have the link on the forum where you found info or opinions rather about the obx headers?? thanks.

------------------
1992 NX2000
White
K&N Cone intake, advanced timing 17* Bosal Performance muffler and 2.25" cat back

·
Registered
1,055 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
what are u basing your theories on whiteser?? so, basically the obx are just crap?? interesting..

------------------
1992 NX2000
White
K&N Cone intake, advanced timing 17* Bosal Performance muffler and 2.25" cat back

·
Baby Blue VVL
3,202 Posts
Geezzzz
it's pumps and a bump

get it straight please
O

------------------
4 door SE-R
Ultimate Sleeper
I love the CAI
I Got Money for a little more, suggestions needed
"heavy weight and still undisputed!"

G

·
0 Posts
Ok, I had a friend who had the OBX header on his CRX. It was cheap, and not made that well.

I had an OBX muffler on my 99 SE-L, and it was great. Polished stainless, nice sound, no problems.

------------------
1999 SE Limited (SOLD): JWT POP, NGK Wires, OBX Muffler 2.25" exhaust, Hotshot header, Eibach Sportlines, KYB AGX, 17 deg. timing
----------------------------
01 Ford Focus ZX3
K&N, Magnaflow exhaust http://post.uwstout.edu/l/lilienthala/car.html

·
Registered
756 Posts
The products made for the honda camp from obx are pieces of ****. So, using my deductive reasoning, the products made for the nissan camp are pieces of **** also.

·
Registered
1,466 Posts
I bought an OBX header to see how it was.. $200 first thought =pretty cheap. when the header arrived i looked it over very well. all seams were welded without error (I do a lil welding thats how i know), it had a perfect fit, no rattle at high RPM's, and it gave me 10hp, which i tested with a G-tec meter.. its not a dyno, but its 99.999% accurate, so they say.. the hp increaese was also because of my various other mods im sure! i have a stillen hi-flow intake, free flow cat, tunable muffler, ignition wires, NGK iridum plugs, advanced timing, fuel pressure regulator, and a comp chip. my final opinion of the OBX header is to save the extra $$200-$300 and buy a SS, Stillen, or Hotshot.. remember you get what u pay for... ill be keeping my OBX as a back up though.. it also has a really great finish, nice for shows. thats all its good for, show...

1 - 20 of 24 Posts