SR20 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
???????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

------------------
92 NX2000, pop charger, 2.25" cat-back exhaust with Naxos muffler,JDM intake manifold, MSD 6A with master blaster 2 coil, 50-75 shot nos, and 17" enkei suzuka's

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
(tv show host voice)"i know you guys have answers just hit reply! its that easy, and if you reply now, you will recieve a brand new 2001 set of shoelaces, yeah thats right, shoelaces! i know you guys prolly have some pretty bad ones so its time to get some new ones!!!! all you have to do is reply!"

sorry guys im staying up to late, nighty night! :)

·
Registered
466 Posts
The JWT ECU uses a different set of fuel maps that lets you use 93 octane gas better. In other words, it gives you more agressive timing in areas where the stock ECU didn't. Throttle response is increased also. The rev limiter is raised to 7800rpm. The only differences in the B14 ECU is the removal of the speed limiter.

I would like my laces in bannana yellow please, because I'm sure most of that was monkey dung.

------------------
Eric Waterman
1996 200SX SE-R
1997 200SX SE-R
1991 Sentra SE-R

·
Registered
1,570 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by crazyNXracer:
if your rev limiter is already 7800 does it bring it up more, and my car has seen at least 130mph, so basically ill be paying 595 for better throttle response?</font>
Your rev limiter is not at 7800. The tach becomes inaccurate at that high of RPM. Trust me, I have a JWT ECU on my 200SX, and I've brought it up to 8000rpm, but on my Apex'i Multichecker (which is tapped to the ECU) it only read a max of 7800rpm (somewhere around there.) Shoot, I've had my NX to what looked like around 7700rpm on the tach, but it was nowhere near the actual 7500rpm.

You're paying 595 for better throttle response, an extra 5-6hp, revised fuel and timing maps. Check the link I just posted earler. Basically, you're not going to go *majorly* fast without a JWT ECU unless you're a badass tuner that can program a standalone engine management system like a TEC2, Haltech, Motec, SpeedPro, etc. And even then, with all the dyno time you'd have to use to figure out the best program, it'll end up costing more than a proven $595 ECU from JWT, however, it could be possible that you would ultimately get more power out of a standalone system.

Andrew Phan
1998 200SX SE-R w/stuff
1993 NX2000 w/o stuff

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
if your rev limiter is already 7800 does it bring it up more, and my car has seen at least 130mph, so basically ill be paying 595 for better throttle response?

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
hey rollcage, do you have one on your nx? does anyone have one on there nx? if so can you tell me the difference you felt, i dont want to sell my rims to get the header and ecu and it not have a big difference, you know what i mean!

------------------
92 NX2000, pop charger, 2.25" cat-back exhaust with Naxos muffler,JDM intake manifold, MSD 6A with master blaster 2 coil, 50-75 shot nos, and 17" enkei suzuka's

·
Registered
1,570 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by crazyNXracer:
hey rollcage, do you have one on your nx? does anyone have one on there nx? if so can you tell me the difference you felt, i dont want to sell my rims to get the header and ecu and it not have a big difference, you know what i mean!

</font>
No, I don't have one on my NX. I don't plan to get one until later this year when the autocross season is over (I'm running the NX in E-Stock.) I can tell you the difference it made on my SE-R. I already had headers and JWT cams on the SE-R prior to the ECU. It made an IMMEDIATE difference, and not necessarily because the rev limit was raised. Driveability was improved, throttle response was improved. The extra power I had from 4000rpm on up with the header and cams was added onto with the ECU. You WILL feel a difference. I'll ask again, did you check out that link I posted earlier? Look at the dyno chart. That was done on a '91 SE-R; similar high-port SR20DE that's in your car. Believe me, you'll get similar results. Also, you will feel even more of a difference if you sell those big, heavy wheels you've got.

Andrew Phan
1998 200SX SE-R w/stuff
1993 NX2000 w/o stuff

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
yeah i did look at the dyno chart, im just a bit skeptical, BUT, i just got of the phone with stillen, and i ordered the jwt ecu and the stillen header, for a great price! i have the nitrous that doesnt work with the ecu(like jwt's) so now that im getting the ecu will anything go wrong when the juice goes on?

------------------

1 - 9 of 9 Posts