SR20 Forum banner

What does SE and SE-R stand for ?

1K views 19 replies 11 participants last post by  Dshaft96 
G
#1 ·
What does the R in SE-R stand for? For some reason I always thought it came from S*R*20DE......

The only reason I wondered about it is because the new SE-R has a 2.5 liter whatever and yet it still carries the SE-R badge. Up untill now the SE-R has always been the SR20DE, correct?

------------------
'97 200SX SE-R
JWT Intake and ECU
DynoMax Muffler # 17287
Some other way too expensive Momo crap.

G
#3 ·
See, I've always had the same impression. Now my question is, what makes this new Sentra an SE-R?

What does the R stand for or designate?

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by tkyan:
To my knowledge, up until now all SE-R's have been SR20DE.

</font>

[This message has been edited by Johnny GreenBack (edited 07-03-2001).]

#4 ·
I know that the SE stands for sport equipped as for the R not sure ? racer or sR20de ?

------------------

92 NX2000, kyb agx, intrax springs, jwt pop,
3a Racing muffler with bonzi tip,
17 " mille miglia mm 112, Yokohama avid h4

#8 ·
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Johnny GreenBack:
See, I've always had the same impression. Now my question is, what makes this new Sentra an SE-R?

What does the R stand for or designate?
</font>

Honestly, nothing.

Rather than come up with a new trim name, Nissan wisely chose to retain the classic SE-R name for the 2002 model. Your right, since the SR20DE was named SE-R, QR25DE should be a QE-R, or somethiing. But that just doesn't sound too well.

------------------
Stormy
'98 SE w/ HS CAI, HS G3 Header, Custom 2.25" Exhaust, JWT S4 Cams, UR Pulleys, KYB AGX's, Eibach Spings, Courtesy F&R STB's, ES Mounts, ES control arm bushings & shifter bushing (NI), Brembo X-Drilled Rotors w/ Axxis MM Pads, 205/50 Pirelli's, Nis-Knacks goodies....in need of a JWT ECU

www.WhiteLineRacing.com

#9 ·
it probably doesnt have anything to do with the SR engines because the 91-94 sentra SE's were 1.6liter. and of course those were called GA16DE...

so most likely the SE is for Sport Edition and the R is for race (like many other manufacturer's "R"s)

or it could just be another meaningless nomenclature. what does XE and GXE really stand for anyways?

#11 ·
I thought it was Sport Edition-Rally

------------------
91 SE-R,10:1 comp.pistons,balanced &blueprint rebuild.comp.4angle valve job,extrude honed heads/intake manifold,No emissions.crap,RC TB/MAF,nismo cams,UR pulleys,stillen4-1 ceram.header,nismo/centerforce dual fric.clutch,PR CAI with POPchgr,2 1/2 test pipe,mandrel 2 1/4 superturbo ex., ZEX flywheel & JW 50 shot nos with 60 shot jet. and much more goodies!

#13 ·
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Limited Slip:
it probably doesnt have anything to do with the SR engines because the 91-94 sentra SE's were 1.6liter. and of course those were called GA16DE...

so most likely the SE is for Sport Edition and the R is for race (like many other manufacturer's "R"s)

or it could just be another meaningless nomenclature. what does XE and GXE really stand for anyways?
</font>
Agreed. =) It could mean nothing, but like you, I always assumed that it meant Sport Edition - Race package.

------------------
- Yosho
'96 200SX SE-R
'00 Civic Si EBP

G
#17 ·
G20 ..... Well, as the letters get higher, the more classy the car becomes. G20, (M30, J30 I30), QX4, and Q45. G being entry level. The numbers are the liter sizes of the engine. G20 (2.0 liter), M/J/I30 (3.0 liter), and Q45 (4.5 liter).

#18 ·
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by niska:
G20 ..... Well, as the letters get higher, the more classy the car becomes. G20, (M30, J30 I30), QX4, and Q45. G being entry level. The numbers are the liter sizes of the engine. G20 (2.0 liter), M/J/I30 (3.0 liter), and Q45 (4.5 liter).</font>

Very good, and the Symbol? I think it is symbolizing looking down a long, straight road, looking into the vansihing point.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.