SR20 Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,387 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
my buddy's old lady got pissed at him and sabotaged his ****!, now the car wont run for ****, the only way u can get the car to run is to start it like it's carb. and pump the gas pedal, keep the rpms high and use starter fluid, could water in the gas possibly fukd up the injectors, ways to test em? also, it's not a nissan, (awd talon) but, he is a prior nissan owner--went to the dark side..also, we have replaced the fuel filter, purged the tank, and have new gas in it--help us, his shits fast! and we need competition for our nissans!
-seth

·
Coropate greed hater
4,044 Posts
Water in the engine = hydrolock = order new engine.

Drain the fuel tank and the fuel lines all the way upto the motor. Try to dry up the car as much as possible if your buddy wants to continue running his current engine.

·
RE-F/ING-TIRED:)
1,318 Posts
auto parts stores carry some **** like gas line anti-freeze and/or dryer. its just alcohol but works. buy a couple bottles of that stuff and follow the directions. once the car is running good, KILL the BITCH!! (not literally)

·
Registered
1,896 Posts
drop the gas tank **** that fuel line water stuff. No cure all in a bottle will fix that problem.

·
Bitter Old Man
2,637 Posts
Sorry, Harris, but it won't hydrolock the engine. The water just sits at the bottom. When you run out of gas and start pumping water, the engine shuts off pretty darn quick (water isn't combustible, ya know?). The amount sprayed into the cylinder is quite small.

Anhydrous methanol is one way to get the water out; it azeotropes with water and the water/methanol complex goes through the engine pretty as you please. Takes a lot of methanol, though, if you have a lot of water. Other alcohols will do the same but you normally can't get them in anhydrous state.

Better solution is to just remove the tank and empty it.

·
Coropate greed hater
4,044 Posts
To have an incompressible particle in the cylinders is to cause trouble. The only difference with this guy is that the water will make it through the fuel lines instead of the intake, which is how people destroy their motors when they go through an unsafe water "puddle". So in this case, maybe it won't be as bad as I am imagining it because of the means by which the water is making it in the motor.

Nonetheless, that water needs to be taken out, which is what you agree with as well.

·
Bitter Old Man
2,637 Posts
To have an incompressible particle in the cylinders is to cause trouble
Water drawn in by a carb or fuel injector is a mist, not a slug of liquid water like you would get from sucking it into the intake tract.

WWII aircraft engines used water or methanol or water&methanol injection when running at War Emergency Power, for exactly the reasons you would think. Every military powerplant had at least one mechanical supercharger stage. Some had two stages and some used a turbocharger as well as a mechanical supercharger. Big boost (>65" Hg) needed these measures. Germany even tried NOS. Just in case some of you wondered where all this cool street technology came from...

Anyway, water from your gas tank is not a hydrolock issue. Water from your air intake is a HUGE hydrolock issue.

·
You like that, dontchya?
956 Posts
I don't know what you're complaining about - she hooked you up with an elegant water injection setup. Slap on a fat turbo and crank the boost! :D

If it were me though, I'd drop the tank and dry it up. Sorry.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.