SR20 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
723 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
some people liek CAI, others the pulleys, or short shifters... what do you like the most?

(im probably gonna get pulleys 1st anyways, driving aroudn town in 100* weather with AC on and an engine that feels like a 3-cylinder really gets to me)

[This message has been edited by Limited Slip (edited 06-11-2001).]

G

·
0 Posts
I think the best mod would be headers. This is something that you will feel and it will make a difference. Headers are a mod I would highly recomend and it took me longer to slap on my pullies than to put on my headers...oh by the way they are Hotshot gen4. Hope this helps you out.

·
Whisky Tango Foxtrot
863 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Limited Slip:
some people liek CAI, others the pulleys, or short shifters... what do you like the most?

</font>
Suspension.
But, if your just talking about power wise. I would say AEBS header.

------------------
Sean
97 SE-R w/PR CAI,Unorthodox UP,AEBS Header, Courtesy Exhaust, and Pretty looking pedals and shift knob

·
Pew Pew Pew
2,829 Posts
Well in actuality my favorite mod has been my NOS. I have a few other things done. Headers, Intake, cams, ECU, I'm just being kind of optimistic in hoping that once I put my full catback on it will tie it all together.

------------------
96 se-r with a few goodies

·
Registered
94 Posts
Suspension: Eibach Prokit springs, KYB AGX shocks, strut tower brace, and Dunlop SP8000 tires. The handling difference is great. Power-wise, I would probably have to say either the Hotshot headers or the S4 cams, although I don't think either of these two modifications has made a huge difference in straight-line performance. I honestly think that suspsension is best bolt-on modification that one can put onto an SE-R.

·
Registered
270 Posts
I would say mine was my cams. I loved the difference in power that I got when they were installed. It took me to a different level. From high 15s to low 15s.

------------------
k&n filter,g3 hs headers, no cat,greddy,fpr,jwt motormounts,54mmAFM,stage3 clutch,jwt flywheel,jwt s3 cams,aerospeed springs,konig tuners, 15.1 @ 91.6, no LSD

·
JordanWhiteMusic.com
4,699 Posts
Level of worthwhile modifications (compiled from my 91 SE-R and my current 98 SE)

1. CAI/Header - The CAI made more of a difference on my 91, but the header made more of a difference on my 98, which is weird

2. JWT S3 Cams if you want midrange power (on my 91), or S4 cams if you'd rather have more top end (my 98)

3. Suspension.......KYB AGX's and Eibach springs

Would like to rate the UR pulleys but I don't have them installed yet.

------------------
Jordan (Stormy)
Black 1998 Sentra SE w/ HS CAI, HS G3 Header, Custom 2.25" Exhaust, JWT S4 Cams, UR Pulleys (NI), KYB AGX's, Eibach Sportlines, Courtesy STB's, ES Mounts, ES control arm bushings & shifter bushing (NI), PWST X-Drilled Rotors w/ Axxis MM Pads, 205/50 Pirelli's, Nis-Knacks goodies

·
Registered
1,199 Posts
Well.. I bought my NX with a bunch of mods on it so I'm going to exclude those. The best mod I've done personally was to get rid of my eibach/tocrapo's and put the stock springs and AGX's back on. The car got a lot more predictable after that and rotated a lot better on the autocross course. I just got a bonus though so I'm about to buy race tires and GC's... then I'll be really happy.

------------------
Paul
'92 NX2000 w/ mods

·
Registered
858 Posts
pulleys ,cams,cai,header, ecu in order

------------------
91 SE-R,10:1 comp.pistons,balanced &blueprint rebuild.comp.4angle valve job,extrude honed heads/intake manifold,No emissions.crap,RC TB/MAF,nismo cams,UR pulleys,stillen4-1 ceram.header,nismo/centerforce dual fric.clutch,PR CAI,2 1/2 test pipe,mandrel 2 1/4 superturbo ex.,and a whole bunch of other goodies! ZEX flywheel & JW 50 shot is in the works ,hell yeah 3:16!

·
former pulsar car whore
1,397 Posts
Header so far. I'm sure nitrous will far outrank that.

------------------
Ryan 97 Black SER
advanced timing,custom 2.5" catback exhaust with dynomax super turbo muffler, Unorthodox Racing Pulleys, ES shifter Bushing, Hotshot Header, Hotshot CAI

·
Registered
844 Posts
CAMS, man.

------------------
The dirty rain falls in funky town
95ser W/s3,place race CAI,header,catback,JWT ECU,short throw,17" shoguns,kyb,pro lines,strut tower, yadda,yadda...

·
Registered
166 Posts
My favorite mod is me behind the drivers seat

------------------
fast but not fast enough!

·
Registered
1,269 Posts
My favorite mod would be the JWT ECU. I mean its more fun after 109 boys, c'mon somebody agree with me here on this one. But then again which mod isn't rated the best right after you do it. You're like "no, this mod is the best bang for the buck or was it the last mod" Either way mods are fun period.

------------------
Peter M.
AIM=NyceP26
97 200SX SER....now with HS Gen 4 Headers

·
Turd Furgeson
3,935 Posts
I have to say the rev limiter/Speed cut-off does suck. For me personally tho it would definitely be the suspension upgrade (AGX/H&R). In terms of power my 91 cam probably made the most power, but the pullies really make the pedal feel light.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts