SR20 Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
373 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The car is in good shape and drives well. I originally posted a price of $3800 but that may be to much. What do you guys feel is a reasonable price?

Let me know what you guys think, I haven't really been in the sr20de scene since I sold my SE-R so I'm not really sure what to ask.

Thanks in advance for the help,
Jeremy

If anyone has any questions let me know

·
Registered
596 Posts
Post up some pictures, and be as detailed as possible about the condition of the car, engine, exterior, and interior. That would help to determine the worth of your car.

·
Registered
373 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Unfortunatly I don't have the car yet. I own a small dealership and I have the option to buy the car from a wholesaler. I drove the car yesterday at the auction and was very impressed with it. The paint was in excellent shape and appears to be original (Maroon). I ran a carfax on the car and everything came back clean. The interior looks like it should for a car with 49,000 miles (clean with no rips). The car is bone stock, down to the original Nissan cassette player. The air-conditioner blows cold. It really looks like who ever owned the car babied it.

I am trying to determine if it is worth my time to get the car and market it. I am not looking to make alot of money off of it just enough to pay my bills. I am a car enthusiast and if I can hook up some fellow car enthusiast with a good deal I will. Honestly I wish I could buy it for my self because I miss my SE-R and this would be a sweet replacement, but I already have enough toys :(

I hope that helped and again thanks in advance for your help.

·
Registered
1,098 Posts
Well if its wholesale you should be paying 2200-2700 for the car.Retail on line has to be lower than a dealership would charge.I paid 2700.00 for my 92 NX last month with 58,000 on the clock but this one sounds nicer.I would pay 3200-3400 if the car was as described?Again you need pictures and list all the options.If I lived in Florida I would buy it but shipping to Ma would be a grand anyway.And I still have to fix this e-bay wonder that I bought.:mad:

·
employment whiplash, NC
3,646 Posts
2 years ago I paid quite a bit more than that for a 92 SE-R with the same amount of miles. I know I overpaid, but the car was CHERRY! It was worth it. All I've had to do for the past 2 years is gas and oil. No major failures. Hell, no minor failures.

·
Registered
1,098 Posts
Oh I don't doubt it. Last Spring I sold my 92 SE-R for 5000.00.But it was in good shape with new brakes,HKS,etc. And it was local.The NX has a smaller following than the SE-R as well.So with shipping and the question marks regarding the over all mechanical condition you have to be low.

·
Registered
373 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
If I can sell it fairly quick for $3300 I will probably get the car. I won't make much on it after I pick it up, detail it and spend money advertising it but I someone will get a sweet ride and everyone will be happy. Thanks for the help guys. I will post some pics If I get it.

Thanks, Jeremy

·
Registered
287 Posts
i would be all over buying this if i had a way to get down there and buy it :( but i don't.. i hate being at school
and to much great dismay my nx got hit the other day. so now i have a totalled nx and no car...
oh well.. keep posting about what you are going to do with the nx, maybe i'll find a way to get down there an take a look at it.
L8er
Dan

·
Registered
596 Posts
NX$paniard said:
got mine @ 51k in perfect condition for 7,000 in tx so...it depends on ur area too!
Yeah, try looking for any classic or NX in TX. You will pay almost twice as much as if you went up to the northeast. Every classic I see for sale under $4000 is up in New England or Virginia. Any classic or NX around here goes for big bucks if you can find a buyer. Just the way it is sometimes. :(

·
Registered
373 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Thanks for all your help guys.

My roommate ended up buying the car so I was able to sell it with out even trying. I will let you know if I come across any more NX's or SE-R's

Later, Jeremy

1 - 16 of 16 Posts