SR20 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
utahnissans.com
5,051 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I call 480-966-7720 listed on his site and it doesn't go through. I might kick myself in the ass for trying to order from him but Greg P. was saying he has great prices on the Clutchnet set-up I want. TIA

·
Registered
2,035 Posts
***EDIT***

·
utahnissans.com
5,051 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Nismo91:
I want a differnet set-up then everybody else is getting and the guy running that deal can only get it for $380 or so IIRC. ;)

·
Registered
2,035 Posts
***Edit***

·
Banned
1,252 Posts
nope that guy with the white b13 or had the white b13 is sr20performance.com luis anya he does have good prices but a few people have had problems with him not sure if everything is straightened out or not

·
merely a flesh wound
15,274 Posts
My 2 cents - I've always had exclellent service from Louis, including my last purchase which was a Clutchnet clutch setup.

C

·
Rebuilding the W11:P
1,114 Posts
My one business deal with Louis went great. Quick shipping and great cust. relations.

·
Tired!
10,149 Posts
Well, we are trying to get ahold of Louis as well. He was special ordering a turbonetics turbo for us, and no word since John placed the order. Anyone have any info that would be great. THis is the first time i have had any delay in ordering from Louis.

Brent

·
Registered
369 Posts
nismo91 said:
Why not just go with this deal?
Don't forget the newest site sponsor either. ;)

We recommend and deal with Spec and ACT for the SE-R's. I've not found another clutch I'm comfortable recommending for SE-R's as a whole. I'm having a "grand opening" sale till the 31st on all items so have a look. www.hassauto.com (But I'm sure I can extend it a few days for forum members. ;) )

·
Registered
2,035 Posts
How much hp does the spec clutch kit on your site hold?

·
Registered
369 Posts
2xSE-R said:
How much hp does the spec clutch kit on your site hold?
The "sale page" has the Stage-I listed. (Keep in mind all products are on sale right now including stages 2-5) Clutches are not rated in "hp" they are rated by torque capacity. The Stage-I is rated at 236 ft lbs. If you are making 236 ft lbs at 6800rpm that's 305hp. :) (torque x rpm / 5250 ='s hp) But around peak torque say 4800 rpm that's only 215hp but obviously that is not your peak hp. It's all relative.

The Spec Stage-I is pretty much equal to the ACT Heavy Duty PP with the street disc. I ran that set up with a 50 shot and slicks with NO problems and even had it with the big turbo for a while and on the street it was actually pretty damned good up to 17psi without slipping and when it did slip and overheat after cooling down it was fine!

·
utahnissans.com
5,051 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
^^ I will check that out, when you say "spec" clutch does that mean it is a custom made clutch with no real manufacturer? I do like the price alot better then the Clutchnet I was looking for.

·
Registered
369 Posts
SR20RACER said:
^^ I will check that out, when you say "spec" clutch does that mean it is a custom made clutch with no real manufacturer? I do like the price alot better then the Clutchnet I was looking for.
No no! SPEC is a real company with kick ass clutches. http://www.specclutch.com/

Rumour's I've heard is a lot of the ACT guys are now over there. Dunno for sure though. Either way they have a great reputation and a good product.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts