SR20 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey,

I was wondering if anyone could tell me what a S14 clip is and S15 clip is? I know it is an engine and Trans combo??? but what are the specs, and where can I get some details?

thanks a lot!
Neeraj

·
Living up Boost
893 Posts
Hmmm...as far as I know, s14 and s15 are chassis codes for the silvia (240sx in us).

-saaby

·
Whisky Tango Foxtrot
863 Posts
SR20DET rated at 220hp I believe. If you are thinking about this motor for your SE-R it won't work. To many things different ie distributor is on the opposite end of the engine.

·
They're just cones!
1,941 Posts
Vtec sucks

Dude, I told you that last week. S14 and S15 clips are the front ends(Fender up) from Japan market Silvias, which are the 240sx here. You can't use a rear wheel drive Silvia motor in your car. You need a Bluebird (Japan Altima) or Pulsar (or Sunny) GTi-R motor (cool little car, we never got it) motor. The Bluebird motor (called the BB DET) is way cheaper than the GTi-R motor, because the GTi-R has Quad throttle bodies, and a couple of internal beef-up items. The GTi-R motor puts out a little more hosepower stock and can take more boost modified. I know it is tough to listen to me sometimes, but Jeez...

·
They're just cones!
1,941 Posts
On second thought...

You should just sell me your Classic (since I drive it more than you anyway) And get an old 240sx, and drop in a RWD DET. Then you'll have a car that I want even more, that's a perfect compliment for your type R.

Type R -
195hp Normally aspirated, awesome handling, front drive, every mod imaginable available.

240sx -

220hp turbo, awesome handling, rear drive, every mod imaginable available.

Perfect, and I get to buy your car!

·
0 Posts
The clip is the front of the car. They take off all the fenders, headlights,suspension, etc....all except the engine.They then take a saw a cut the front off the car right at the windsheid pillars. They then ship these out for swaps. It a better way to buy an engine for a swap, because you get a complete engine compartment.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Ok, dude, you want the car, it's yours.. all you have to do is find me a nice J car (chevy please) or a twin cam saturn coupe for very cheep and in good shape, and then I will give up the SE-R. I like paying less insurance, and since my Custom Deluxe (the best I ever had) blew up 2 weeks ago, I will need another vehicle to insure.... So since I am employed by Generous Motors, I will start building a GM race car... cavalier, sun fire, Satun coupe... what else... oh, that's it... hum, would a det fit in that? I wonder.....

STOP CRYING ABOUT THE SENTRA.:D

~Neeraj

1 - 7 of 7 Posts