SR20 Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
424 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
recomended size for an FMIC on the B14 with a BB DET? Is it easier to go with a Starion/Conquest or have one built?

And I could use some recomendations on a BOV. I'd like to get something loud but I am mostly looking for reliablility.

·
El Chingon
892 Posts
It's pretty much up to you. Just make sure it's not sooo big you start getting a big pressure drop. Ben has had good luck with his TMIC from the DET mounted in the front and Mike has had good luck with his HKS FMIC. The choice is pretty much yours. Personally, I was going to go with a Spearco core (PN 2-178) which is 3.5" X 7.8" X 20". But, like I said, it's up to you. Now, yea, you can use the Starion/Conquest IC, but if you live in somewhere with high heat (like hot as hell AZ) I would strongly suggest getting a good peice like the Spearco. As far as BOVs, just make sure it's a bypass valve (yup, there's a difference). Something like the HKS Racing Bypass Valve, Greddy type R bypass valve, TurboXS Type H34 Racing Bypass Valve. Something that will route the released air back into the intake. Have fun!!!

------------------
David
'98 Super Black SE w/stuff

1 - 2 of 2 Posts