SR20 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 359 Posts

·
My favorite food is rice!
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was just curious what everybody does for a job here. I am in college and I'm not really sure what I want to do. Right now I am in my first year for mechanical engineering. Anyone do that? I want to hear about all kinds of jobs though :biggthump

·
Pew Pew Pew
2,829 Posts
I build airplanes. More specifically, Piper Aircraft. More specifically, interior parts for out flagship models (meridian, mirage). I also do product control and product inspection.

I like my job in that, it's technical and I get to use my hands. I don't like the lack of job security, and assholes I work with.

·
Done.
3,923 Posts
CE-LCMC Logistics Assistance Representative (LAR) AKA Senior Field Systems Representative. I work for the Dept. of Army Communications Electronics Life Cycle Management Command. (And you wonder why DoD uses acronyms!)

In a nutshell, I'm a systems engineer. ;)

EDIT:

Since you mentioned it below me, I LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE my job. I wouldn't take another job ever, even if they offered me considerably more than I make now.

·
Registered
1,018 Posts
Well I hate my job at current and i am a do it all, i work in a machine shop, doing tooling, setup, shipping/recieving, stand in for the slack ass that doesnt show up for work, oh yea and asst Plant manager! But like i said i hate it. working on getting out of there!

·
Registered
269 Posts
Pizza delivery right now for Papa Johns... Not a bad job moneys good and I like the people I work with as well as I do whatever I want while I'm driving... However the hours suck because I dont like working nights and **** anymore Soooo in the coming months its the Air Force for me:D

·
My favorite food is rice!
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
This is going great!!! I like to hear all this because my dad thinks if I'm not an engineer I'm going to be a failure. I ****ing hate Calculus, and I don't think i want to do that my whole life.

·
Registered
198 Posts
Graphic/Web Designer, Concert Organizer for my town, photographer and student

Busy kid, I have to say

·
Pew Pew Pew
2,829 Posts
STRATTON said:
^ i call bullsh*t with out alot of pics.

stratton.
x179801739872498237423:rofl:

Let me also add that if you don't become an engineer you're not automatically a failure. I've heard of people doing something they love for a living. I've never really experienced it, but it seems like a great concept. Why become something you're later going to hate? I'm a 3rd generation Upholsterer. My father SWORE he'd never teach me. He wanted me to learn something different, that I wouldn't end up hating. Kinda tough not to learn when you grow up in an upholstery shop though.

·
Registered
161 Posts
heating and air conditioning aka tin knocker but I do almost everything in the trade at the company I work for, Flashing, water heater and water boiler systems and change outs, a little roofing, new hvac construction, radiant heating systems. Been there over 6 years and have never had a forced day off, or been laid off, like the comapany but looking to get into my own operations.

·
Registered
269 Posts
El_Presidente said:
I do server support for Dell. I like my job, the pay is nice. It's much better than being in the Air Force.

not to thread jack but what didnt you like about the Air Force? I'm more than likely heading there myself soon.

·
root
295 Posts
T200Sx said:
not to thread jack but what didnt you like about the Air Force? I'm more than likely heading there myself soon.
Don't get me wrong. I enjoyed the Air Force, but it kinda sucks at the same time. I just don't like how the military OWNS you, and everything you do. You're in the Air Force 24-7. Also I hated having to shave everyday, and its nice now because I like having the option to wear whatever I want to work, not the same uniform pressed and boots shined. I like enjoying my freedom, when you're in the military, you're fighting for freedom, yet you don't have much freedom yourself.

It's nice being a civilian.

1 - 20 of 359 Posts