SR20 Forum banner

301 - 320 of 359 Posts

·
Is that wrong??
2,118 Posts
as of Friday I will no longer be a Fiber Optic Network Engineer at Sprint.

We had 8 contract engineers back in September in my department. We are down to 3 (i've survived a few cuts) and the last 3 of us are gone on Friday..

I am opening up my own business as a Landscaping Professional and I will be subcontracting for a company (that has been in business for 10 years) that will feed me all of the business I can handle (up to 2 crews worth of employees with 3 techs and 1 foreman per crew).

·
Empire-CAT Machinery Tech
760 Posts
i work at EMPIRE Caterpillar in Mesa, AZ. and Morenci, AZ.. i work on Mining Machines mostly 793B's, d's, ect. Mining Haul Trucks... doing PM's and 3500 Series engine Teardown and Rebuilds.. thats a V-16 Quad Turbo's diesel engine. about the size of an Excursion or bigger... VERY VERY GOOD MONEY.

·
66 Posts
I work Centro Inc. Anyone from Iowa probably know Centro. I'm in the NC division. Centro is a custom rotational molding company that specialize in farming & lawnmower parts. I'm an AMO (assistant machine operator). been only there for awhile. it's an okay job, but it gets pretty hot.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Iam a body structure mechanic for Boeing , building the 777. The best and most fuel efficient (record holding) passanger jet flying. That was to flip the airbus mechanic some friendly sh_t. It's a great job if you have no life. A normal week for me is 58 hours, that doesn't leave much time for the wife and kids. Let alone anytime to work on my projects, but call me crazy, I like my job. Later

·
SR20DE to 4G63T
705 Posts
I think I probably posted up in here back in the day...was a retail salesfloor loser at Target back then. Currently an IT contractor at Chevron Corp.

·
Darth Egg
318 Posts
Beer truck driver...
This is the rig i used to drive...they gave me a new one a few months ago...

..And our main domestic brand we distribute is Miller/Coors...
..I wish I could do this...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9tMLDhA_L5Q

·
i love b13's !
8,012 Posts
ive posted up in this thread before.

im a plumber/mechanic. business is so slow. i went from working 40 plus hour weeks to down to working 8 hours this week. o well. im applying to every plumbing place around here thats hiring. hopefully something will come to fruition.

this economy sucks. as far as the construction/heating/plumbing business is concerned everyone and i mean everyone is slow. only companys doing well are companys with alot and big service contracts.

i should have went to the military, navy, marines or some **** when i was younger. ignorantly i chose to be lazy and screwed up my 4 semesters of college.

o well.

stratton.

·
Done.
3,923 Posts
Guess I could update this.

I've recently been promoted to Division Training Manager. I'm now responsible for over 300 employees, in the training realm. My job is to ensure that they are technically proficient, in theirs. I coordinate over 500 annual training events. I'm also the money holder. That means I'm the guy that spends the money on training events, as well as ordering supplies for my people in the field. Anything from test equipment to durable supplies (sunglasses, hats, shirts, etc.).

It's about a 50 hour SOLID workweek, compared to my previous position in the program only doing about 25~30 hour workweeks. I'm salary based, so I guess now I'm just making up for the first three years of not having to do much at home station.

I think the best part about the promotion is the fact that I get paid CONSIDERABLY more, and yet I'm no longer deployable. No more trips overseas for work! YAY!

·
vengeance
1,280 Posts
Dispatcher for a local utility power company, responsible for getting your lights on and keeping em that way..currently have over 200k customers at my fingertips :). Also responsible for making sure people pay their bills otherwise I send my crews to take your heat. I can pwn tekkie as far as hours go, I have an average work week of 60-70 hours + weekends if I am needed (mucho overtime $$$$). I love this job :D

·
Done.
3,923 Posts
Dispatcher for a local utility power company, responsible for getting your lights on and keeping em that way..currently have over 200k customers at my fingertips :). Also responsible for making sure people pay their bills otherwise I send my crews to take your heat. I can pwn tekkie as far as hours go, I have an average work week of 60-70 hours + weekends if I am needed (mucho overtime $$$$). I love this job :D
Not to be cocky, but my customers are the world's finest. The United States Armed Forces. ;) My employees support all branches of the armed services with technical aptitude. If a soldier/airman/marine/sailor has an issue with equipment that they cannot resolve, they call us.

So technically, I support over 1M customers. :rofl:

You do have me beat on hours, though :rofl: I only work 12 hour days 7 days a week when I'm in Iraq or Afghanistan.

·
vengeance
1,280 Posts
Not to be cocky, but my customers are the world's finest. The United States Armed Forces. ;) My employees support all branches of the armed services with technical aptitude. If a soldier/airman/marine/sailor has an issue with equipment that they cannot resolve, they call us.

So technically, I support over 1M customers. :rofl:

You do have me beat on hours, though :rofl: I only work 12 hour days 7 days a week when I'm in Iraq or Afghanistan.
i am pwned. :D

·
Wiggle wagon driver...
1,445 Posts
Beer truck driver...
This is the rig i used to drive...they gave me a new one a few months ago...

..And our main domestic brand we distribute is Miller/Coors...
..I wish I could do this...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9tMLDhA_L5Q

When the economy turns around, I would suggest looking into driving for a LTL company if you have a class A. I started driving at Pepsi, and a year later got my current job. I make a whole lot more money for alot less stress and work.

·
Darth Egg
318 Posts
When the economy turns around, I would suggest looking into driving for a LTL company if you have a class A. I started driving at Pepsi, and a year later got my current job. I make a whole lot more money for alot less stress and work.
i only have the class b right now

301 - 320 of 359 Posts