SR20 Forum banner

41 - 60 of 359 Posts

·
1.6L TT G35 Killer
301 Posts
I work at the Honda dealership(on Guam), its aite it pays the bills. I was PDI at the used car dept when i started now im in the parts/wholesale side. Got screwed on my pay, but its aite for now like i said.

·
I need me SE-R
1,930 Posts
United States Marine.

edit...I hate my job and can't wait to be a 'nasty civilian' again. it has it's pro's and cons...but like 5 pro's to every 100 cons. most of the pros are like...you get free beer in some bars, women think you're a total badass (whether you are or not) and even though i sit behind a desk, will never go to Iraq after 4yrs and haven't been able to do anything i've wanted to...people back home are always so proud of me like i am out there fighting the war. i want to be, but don't believe those damn commercials. it's not what you want...just like whats his face said...the military OWNS you...it's what they want. you're just a number in the military. no one really cares about you. and the ones that do...can't do **** for you. if you ain't got that bling on your collar...you don't have a name, face or soul...you're just another number to them.

stay away unless you're totally down for the selfless service or you are going to be homeless...those guys enjoy it because they came from nothing or are way proud of this damn country that they'll risk their life for some fake ass reason guys in dark suits and red ties make up to make them rich and to get us out to war. it's like going to a halfway house...even the homeless are down for that. if you still have the ability to do something about your situation, you're better off staying away.

·
Air Force SE-R freak!!!!!
2,025 Posts
Air Force here. Been in for 2.5 years. Leaving for Iraq in January for 4-6 months. I'm about 90% sure I'm gonna get out after my 6 year contract is up. I joined when I was 22 and sure miss the civilian life, but have no direction in life still :)

·
Her 1st track day in 2017
2,105 Posts
I build subdivisions - actual title: Project Manager in Land Development. Or commonly referred to as "a greedy developer". ;) I started in Civil Engineering designing subdivisions, and a developer called & offered more $$$.

I like what I do. Other CE's will agree that it is pretty cool to see a corn field when you first get the project, and a couple months later people are living in houses there.

Josh

·
Deviled Egg!
6,321 Posts
Fosters said:
I build subdivisions - actual title: Project Manager in Land Development. Or commonly referred to as "a greedy developer". ;) I started in Civil Engineering designing subdivisions, and a developer called & offered more $$$.

I like what I do. Other CE's will agree that it is pretty cool to see a corn field when you first get the project, and a couple months later people are living in houses there.

Josh
Add me on to the Foster's Train... because I do the same thing... :D

Graduated June of this year with my Civil Engineering Degree...

I switched over to Civil Site design from Subdivision design... and before that I was into Architecture... I chose to do school, and industrial sites mainly because the market for new subdivisions is dying around my area.

I like my job, but I may venture out and do something else... but for now, the money is good and I enjoy it.

·
Drinking The H Juice Now
4,216 Posts
El_Presidente said:
Don't get me wrong. I enjoyed the Air Force, but it kinda sucks at the same time. I just don't like how the military OWNS you, and everything you do. You're in the Air Force 24-7. Also I hated having to shave everyday, and its nice now because I like having the option to wear whatever I want to work, not the same uniform pressed and boots shined. I like enjoying my freedom, when you're in the military, you're fighting for freedom, yet you don't have much freedom yourself.

Umm... it's the military, did you expect something else going in???? You are not an individual you are a part of the machine, you BELONG to the government.

Back on Topic: Purchasing Agent for a tech company that handles the majority (90%) of the online bill pay market. Also we do all the fitness club membership software and computer systems you see at the health club, everything from the key fob to the camera taking your picture for your ID.

I buy mostly computers, servers, software and other services to support our business.

·
Registered
495 Posts
I'm a college freshman (undecided major) ...and work for the work study program...

I sit at a desk in a small gym and watch sexy, tan girls run on the treadmill... best job of my life so far.. too bad it only pays minimum wage.

·
G20 Newbie ;)
572 Posts
OptimumSE-R said:
Well, i've been working with Alaska Airlines (intern) as an AMT. but im a ramp agent at LAX. load bags and cargo into planes. Its cool. i love the environment. Love the smell of Jet-A in the evening. ;)
I had a high school friend that did that for a few years a few years ago. He loved it too.

As for me, I am an economist for the government. With degrees in economics there is not too much choice in where one works - government, academia, and some limited private industry. I would suggest to most people looking to get degrees in economics; not to unless they really love it.

And for those in enlisted in the armed forces, being an officer is not that great due to up-or-out ... and other things...

·
SE-R on the Daily Grind
621 Posts
Sergeant: METRO Nashville Sheriff's Office.

·
Feiticeira
3,482 Posts
ZoliElo said:
I had a high school friend that did that for a few years a few years ago. He loved it too.

As for me, I am an economist for the government. With degrees in economics there is not too much choice in where one works - government, academia, and some limited private industry. I would suggest to most people looking to get degrees in economics; not to unless they really love it.

And for those in enlisted in the armed forces, being an officer is not that great due to up-or-out ... and other things...
yeah man, its great. I'll be graduating either in July or August... Im thinkin of moving up to nor-cal maybe around Sacto. or up to Everett, Washington. :biggthump

·
My favorite food is rice!
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #53
I also worked over the summer as a heavy equipment operator here in Utah building the Miller Motorsports Park. I don't know if any of you have heard of it. AMA Superbikes were there this year, as well as the American Le Mans circuit. This year Nascar is doing some kind of event out there. That was my favorite job I've ever done. Building a racetrack.

·
and the Blackhearts.
850 Posts
I manage a call center full of inmates.

b13se-rluver said:
Well I work for DirecTV right now as a phone tech and surprisingly enough I enjoy it. I talk to people and help 'em fix their Receivers and other stuff. I just think I should explore other areas instead of "doing what my dad did". Thanks for all the suggestions and it looks like we work a wide variety of jobs!! :biggthump
Can you tell me. Is it just me or is the current Directv DVR just the biggest POS ever?

/rant //threadjack

·
Registered
269 Posts
mYseRgOesvrOOm said:
United States Marine.

edit...I hate my job and can't wait to be a 'nasty civilian' again. it has it's pro's and cons...but like 5 pro's to every 100 cons. most of the pros are like...you get free beer in some bars, women think you're a total badass (whether you are or not) and even though i sit behind a desk, will never go to Iraq after 4yrs and haven't been able to do anything i've wanted to...people back home are always so proud of me like i am out there fighting the war. i want to be, but don't believe those damn commercials. it's not what you want...just like whats his face said...the military OWNS you...it's what they want. you're just a number in the military. no one really cares about you. and the ones that do...can't do sh*t for you. if you ain't got that bling on your collar...you don't have a name, face or soul...you're just another number to them.

stay away unless you're totally down for the selfless service or you are going to be homeless...those guys enjoy it because they came from nothing or are way proud of this damn country that they'll risk their life for some fake ass reason guys in dark suits and red ties make up to make them rich and to get us out to war. it's like going to a halfway house...even the homeless are down for that. if you still have the ability to do something about your situation, you're better off staying away.

:ugh: I heard that the army and the marines are pretty much horrible to be in. while the airforce is not bad at all. or are they all the same when it comes to what you are talking about?

·
My favorite food is rice!
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #57
jrbump said:
Can you tell me. Is it just me or is the current Directv DVR just the biggest POS ever?

/rant //threadjack
THe R15 is a sh*tty receiver. Usually DirecTV doesn't even remanufacture them properly and it is a horrible design. People love TIVO, why change it? That is my thought. So many people call in pissed off about it. It is really sad actually.

·
The smooth funky classic
1,220 Posts
NASA Federal police sergeant SRT (Special Response Team)...also retired from 21 years of military service...but willin' to give all that up for Shawn B's job.:tongue: :D :biggthump

L

·
On Vacation
3,821 Posts
TeKKiE said:
In a nutshell, I'm a systems engineer. ;)
Sorry but I have to rant....

Unless you have a P.E. license, you are not an engineer. Too many people use the term engineer to loosely. In the State of FL, it is illegal to label yourself as an "engineer" without backing of your P.E. license. If you have your license, then this doesn't apply to you. If not, then you are simply a Systems Technician.

On the other hand, I am a P.E. Trainee aka E.I. (Engineer Intern) for the FDOT (Florida Department of Transportation). Basically, research & design of transportation in the state of FL. I am working towards obtaining my P.E. License.

41 - 60 of 359 Posts