SR20 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
NEOphile
307 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I took it to the track and my best time was 10.18. I had a multitude of problems with it, though, and I've seen DEs get into the mid-9s with few mods. My reaction time was about a second. I had probably 60 pounds in the trunk, my clutch cable was slipping so I could never tell how much I should let off the clutch, and my tach was bouncing around so I had to shift by ear. And one of my motor mounts is almost dust. If I get all that taken care of, what should I be looking at for a 1/8 mile time? All my mods are in my sig, except bored-out DE MAF.

·
Registered
1,896 Posts
Im running 9.2 @75.5mph with a DE, you should be close to that with a good launch if not a little faster but maybe not.

·
Premium Member
9,405 Posts
What header are you using?

·
VE junkie
907 Posts
stock DE manifold, portmatched. but a VE even with a stock DE manifold should be running quicker than that. i ran a DE on mine for 3 months.

·
Turbo Grocery Getter
1,461 Posts
1/8 mile

Low 9's at 76 - 77 is what i get with a good launch, the 8th mile is not that different from a DE, i used to pull 9.5's with my DE on street tires. But you really notice the difference on the top end.

nathan

·
Premium Member
9,405 Posts
I would say mid 9s at best. The DE manifold is not known for its superior flow. The DE is better without it, and the VE is just dying with it.

·
Registered
1,896 Posts
I wonder what my NX would do with a VE, De's kick ass in the eigth but I definetly choke out in the back half. I know it would just keep on pulling.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts